The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 B302S Areo Package Set Up / Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I currently have the Tiger hood, S grill, small FRPP splitter (approx 2" overhang) and stock wing on my 2012 car and I have been somewhat happy with the balance. I have recently acquired the correct G-Stream wing (w/large end plates) for a Boss 302S. In doing research I know that I need to balance the front down force with the additional rear down force that the big wing will provide.

My research also suggests that that I may already have the correct M-16601-S splitter on the car (even though I think the car feels balanced as is). It's been so long since I purchased it, I can't remember the part number. The only other splitter available from FRPP for the 2012 is the "MB". It appears to be the Laguna Seca part and it protrudes 3.5". I would assume the larger "MB" Spiltter would provide more front down force that the the current splitter I am running.

Should I change to the larger MB splitter when I install G-Stream the wing?

Should I just lower the current splitter 1" in an attempt for more down force?

How do you set the initial angle of attack on the wing? And what determining factors do you use to make adjustments?

Thanks in advance for the help and advice!

Joe Charles

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1395329357212907&l=2a74d42772

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I think you're fine adding the wing to your current mods, and that the wing is tunable enough to match any of the proposed changes you mention.

I think you should make sure you adjust your rear height for all the downforce it'll make at speed.

I'd check the g-stream chart regarding the AoA.

I agree with Grant.

I talked to a Ford engineer and asked about the S and LS splitters. He stated it's more effective to get the splitter lower to the ground vs having it stick out further.

Do you still have your GT350R?

I agree with Rick there is little value in adding the LS splitter. It is more cosmetic than providing value. Regarding the wing angle, I have the 62" G-Stream and run 3.1 degrees for faster tracks and increase it for slower tracks up to 5.0. A couple degree change is noticeable for both added drag and grip. Crucial that you add support to the lid or it truly will be crushed without it.

There's no spacer it's up against the boss splitter (or whatever it is) and sealed with duct tape. I think the angle makes it look like there's a spacer but there is none

TMO Supporting Vendors