The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss #0001 going to auction-Monterey, CA (August 16th, 2013)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Re: 2012 Boss #0001 going to auction-Monterey, CA (August 16th)

I'm volunteering at Russo and Steele this year on Thursday and Friday if they need me. If I go there on Friday, I won't be at Mecum for this, if not I'll try and go.

BLAZN BOSS

isnt this the true no 1?98633_Front_3-4_Web_zps72137237.jpg

ufnavy06

I saw #0001 in the Hyatt parking garage under lock and key. Here's a picture of the cars going across the block.egy5e8ud.jpgtugujuve.jpg

You can see the hood of the Boss there in the second picture.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Sean, please pick up the F40 for me. ;D

How about some predictions. From what I recall the original owner Shawn doubled his money selling this car to whoever is selling now. I'll wager bid will reach 102k, I feel like that is a stretch, but really have no idea what I'm talking about.

ufnavy06

NFSBOSS said:
Sean, please pick up the F40 for me. ;D

Oh you noticed it? I wasn't going to say anything until someone mentioned it. First one I've ever seen in person. Tonight I saw it, a Testarossa, a 550 Spyder, a Maybach, 2 427 Cobras, a flat black 458 Italia Spyder, a 914/6, and a Ferrari I can't remember the name of it, but it's arguably the most beautiful Ferrari ever, some sort of Daytona. I don't know. In fact there were 2 of them. ;D Apparently there was a 959 out here as well but we missed it as we got there 90 minutes after the official end.

ufnavy06

As far as bid price, I'm guessing 80ish. Close to what the owner paid Shane for it.

Will there be a reserve? I think the car is still to New to bring any thing over 68K

It pains me the current owner failed to tell the real story of how he came to own this Boss. Shane purchased the car sight unseen without even knowing the serial #. Only after the deal was done did he discover what he had (Serial#0001). The dealership was pissed to find out after the fact what they had done! Shane intended for the Boss to be a DD and track car from the start. So few weeks after driving it home he began to realize the car collector hobby would appreciate the car far more than himself and offered it for sell. It was literally only days away from its first track event when finally the deal was stuck to sell the car. Shane took a beating for the asking/selling price, which I didn’t understand because for once an average Joe purchases serial #0001 versus what normally happens. Mr. Money bags calls the dealership offers some ridiculous price over sticker without blinking and then stores the car away for no one to see while the dealer laughs all the way to the bank. For once it was Average Joe, great job Shane!

ufnavy06 said:
...and a Ferrari I can't remember the name of it, but it's arguably the most beautiful Ferrari ever, some sort of Daytona.

an-Gurney-Brock-Gates-Cannonball-Run-in-California.jpg

On this point, you are 100% correct. There has never been a more perfect Ferrari.

Boss content? Uh, oh yeah...Dan Gurney! ;)

Oh yes, the 365 GTB/4. Sometime around 1983 a friend of mine and I were at Newport Beach Ferrari and they had a red one on display. It was a beautiful creature and the line of six Weber carburetors is something to see. We sat there for an hour trying to figure out how we could afford it's $100K price tag. I'd happily pay that much for one now.

NFSBOSS said:
Unfortunately I was close. I bet the reserve was $100K or more as that's what the guy has into it. Obviously too new (if ever) to grab that kind of money.

That's why I estimated as high as I did. I figured he would put a ringer in the audience. :)

ufnavy06

So if this is "The Price is Right," I was the closest without going over I do believe. So that gets me absolutely nothing! BTW Rick, if you picked up a Daytona for 100k, it probably won't be in great condition or missing the engine or something absurd like that. On a side note, I got MANY more pictures and video of a different F40 driving away. It was at Cars and Coffee today, along with multiple versions of just about every Lamborghini ever made, (tractor, Muira, Countach, and the ugly duckling Espada). Pictures coming soon!

TMO Supporting Vendors