The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Build Numbers Rapid Spec 500A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Boss 302 Build Numbers Rapid Spec 500A

PTRocks said:
MLM said:
PTRocks said:
Hey Rick, I have been reviewing and double checking my info. I have 3248 regular Bosses, and 764 LSes. On top of those, there appear to be two pre-production Bosses and two PP LSes that have made it out into the wild.

The last LS started production on Dec. 3rd, the last Boss on Dec. 23rd.

I am curious if anyone knows how many Bosses were built for the media pool (I think they had numbers beginning with "MP") and what the disposition of those cars is? I assume Ford is keeping them.

My estimate is 44 cars, including 13 LSes. Ford keeps most of them.

i cant find the damn memory cards with the pics of the media car i had, im pretty sure it was 49.

2012YellowBoss said:
It has been a while but the Oasis will show in service date for warranty services.
You are correct, it has "Warranty Start Date" as well as "Build Date".

The "Build Date" is on the report when it gets to the Dealer and the Dealer adds in the "Warranty Start Date".

Other items included are Vechile Description, Body Style, Engine, Transmission, Axle Code, Engine Calibration number as well as outstanding service actions, extendened coverages warranty history and more.

PTRocks said:
hotrodnut said:
PTRocks said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Chris and Scott, thanks for all your work on this this. Let us know when the final cars roll down the assembly line and you have a final tally for the number of cars built for MY 2012.

Hey Rick, I have been reviewing and double checking my info. I have 3248 regular Bosses, and 764 LSes. On top of those, there appear to be two pre-production Bosses and two PP LSes that have made it out into the wild.

The last LS started production on Dec. 3rd, the last Boss on Dec. 23rd.

When I picked up my Boss I asked for the oasis report from the service department and it shows the actual build date of 01-03-2012 for #3248. I wonder when they will stop building the 2012's.

this is why we are looking for the commit number for the car. Did you get the plastic seat covers when you took delivery? Do you have a pic of the sticker on the side window behind the driver? (In case I haven't asked you for that yet)

Ok, the Commit Number for 3248 is "0057", what does that tell me?

The commit number is the actual build sequence number - set the day the car begins final assembly, when a vin is assigned to an already painted body. By itself it doesn't say anything, but when compared to the other cars, it does show the build order.

PTRocks said:
The commit number is the actual build sequence number - set the day the car begins final assembly, when a vin is assigned to an already painted body. By itself it doesn't say anything, but when compared to the other cars, it does show the build order.

Thanks, so if the build sequence # is low at 0057, what took it so long to actually be built?

hotrodnut said:
PTRocks said:

Thanks, so if the build sequence # is low at 0057, what took it so long to actually be built?

The sequence number covers all cars built at AAI, including the Mazda's (as far as I can tell). The number merely rolls over once it reaches its max. In the case of the Blend number, it rolls over to 0001 when 8999 would be exceeded during a shift. 9001+ is reserved for special builds.

Commit numbers do go above 9000 for regular production.

PTRocks said:
hotrodnut said:
PTRocks said:

The sequence number covers all cars built at AAI, including the Mazda's (as far as I can tell). The number merely rolls over once it reaches its max. In the case of the Blend number, it rolls over to 0001 when 8999 would be exceeded during a shift. 9001+ is reserved for special builds.

Commit numbers do go above 9000 for regular production.

Ok, I'm a little confused, help me understand this.

How could a number that rolls over be more of a significant way to to determine information about our build dates than the Oasis Report with the actual date the car comes off the Assembly Line?

It is a more accurate number than the blend number because it is assigned the day of production. A car order can be 'bumped' into production and be built 12 hours later if desired. since the blend number is set a week in advance, there is still a fair bit of time to make changes to the production sequence, say if a supplier has an issue and the LS Recaros run out for two days.

PTRocks said:
It is a more accurate number than the blend number because it is assigned the day of production. A car order can be 'bumped' into production and be built 12 hours later if desired. since the blend number is set a week in advance, there is still a fair bit of time to make changes to the production sequence, say if a supplier has an issue and the LS Recaros run out for two days.

Thanks, then lets say it does run out for those 2 days waiting on the Recaros, then the actual build date would be more accurate with the Oasis Report since that is the actual date it comes off the line not the day it is assigned for production, right?

hotrodnut said:
PTRocks said:

Thanks, then lets say it does run out for those 2 days waiting on the Recaros, then the actual build date would be more accurate with the Oasis Report since that is the actual date it comes off the line not the day it is assigned for production, right?

That is correct. I have only found one instance where I have seen a window sticker be updated with a new build date, and that was for a 2012 that became a 2013 show car.

I see where kato64 has a build date for his new Boss of 2/27/2012. That means for sure there are no more 2012's being built.

Is there a way to get the info from Ford on actual #'s built and say the last LS and last regular Boss Vin # built by color, options, etc.?

hotrodnut said:
I see where kato64 has a build date for his new Boss of 2/27/2012. That means for sure there are no more 2012's being built.

Is there a way to get the info from Ford on actual #'s built and say the last LS and last regular Boss Vin # built by color, options, etc.?

Eventually FRPP will come out with the final numbers. I doubt they will publish the vin's of the last cars though.

PTRocks said:
hotrodnut said:

Eventually FRPP will come out with the final numbers. I doubt they will publish the vin's of the last cars though.

What about the number off the intake?

hotrodnut said:
PTRocks said:
hotrodnut said:

That number won't tell you how many have been built. For example, it is known that 764 LSes have been built. Only 750 were planned. For regular Bosses, I have found 3248, instead of the 3250 planned. Still looking...

PTRocks said:
hotrodnut said:
PTRocks said:
hotrodnut said:

That number won't tell you how many have been built. For example, it is known that 764 LSes have been built. Only 750 were planned. For regular Bosses, I have found 3248, instead of the 3250 planned. Still looking...
So you are saying that we won't be able to see what the last RR or any color, or even the last Boss # that is built for 2012?

Myself personally - I can infer the information, but I don't have the definitive answer. Often - neither do most of the people at Ford. My belief is that the last silver Lagunas are LS755, LS756, LS757, and LS760, and that the last Black ones are LS759, LS761, LS762, LS763, and LS764. What I don't know for certain is the precise build order among those numbers.

BLAZN BOSS

I was riding around today and at Hall Ford in Newport News Va was race red w/black striped #2433 was in the show room............w 5K ADM.............

BLAZN BOSS said:
I was riding around today and at Hall Ford in Newport News Va was race red w/black striped #2433 was in the show room............w 5K ADM.............

That wasn't theirs originally. It might have come from Bowditch Ford, which would explain why the ADM is still there.

BLAZN BOSS

PT where are you from?..............Hall had a YB when mine was being built, 5K ADM.......he told me "he had to do that because Ford made him"........I listened to 5 min of his BS and told him I knew better. He said they had to pay for to sell a Boss. Straightend him out again........he was trying to act like he needed an SVT franchise. He got tired of lying and me calling him out....especially when I told him mine would be in soon with no markup. He said "oh williamsburg Ford can do that". So I asked him how is that?.........he walked away. Hall is a bunch of egg suckers........I will walk before I will buy again from Hall Ford.

I'm up in the frozen north. :)
I am guessing the origins of the car based upon the information in the registry database. Hall sounds like a real piece of work. It also sounds like shooting fish in a barrel. Would be fun to straighten out the salesman in front of his other potential customers. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors