The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Build Numbers Rapid Spec 500A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

Re: Boss 302 Build Numbers Rapid Spec 500A

I had a blast trust me. In fact as soon as I left Hall I called the manager at Williamsburg Ford and he could hardly talk from laughing so hard. He said he wanted to call them and ask if that was the best lie they could come up with.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

PTRocks said:
BLAZN BOSS said:
Currious, are these numbers from cars registered in your database? I was looking at the LS numbers. I thought there were only supposed to be 750 units built. You have 757. Not knocking your work, your doing a great job, just wondering.

These are the cars that are known to exist. Actually, I have found 764. Time will tell what the highest LS number actually is, the last ones were built Dec. 2nd and 3rd.

if they were going to make 750 LS's why would the numbers go over that? Are they counting preproduction ones in the count? What if those cars are scrapped or destroyed? Just curious.

Brian

batman48195 said:
PTRocks said:
BLAZN BOSS said:
Currious, are these numbers from cars registered in your database? I was looking at the LS numbers. I thought there were only supposed to be 750 units built. You have 757. Not knocking your work, your doing a great job, just wondering.

These are the cars that are known to exist. Actually, I have found 764. Time will tell what the highest LS number actually is, the last ones were built Dec. 2nd and 3rd.

if they were going to make 750 LS's why would the numbers go over that? Are they counting preproduction ones in the count? What if those cars are scrapped or destroyed? Just curious.

Brian

I don't know why the numbers went over. There were 764 regular production LSes built. As of today, a further five pre-production cars have also been released for sale.

I've been looking at the VIN vs the sequence number on the intake of cars you have listed. It seems some of the cars have a lower sequence number (the one on the intake), and yet a few have a higher VIN number than the cars that came after. I thought VINs were sequential as well, ie first car starts of as 00001 then 00002 and so on. The list doesn't seem to support that theory however. Do you know why I have a higher VIN number than 2799 when my car is 2758?

LostPony said:
I've been looking at the VIN vs the sequence number on the intake of cars you have listed. It seems some of the cars have a lower sequence number (the one on the intake), and yet a few have a higher VIN number than the cars that came after. I thought VINs were sequential as well, ie first car starts of as 00001 then 00002 and so on. The list doesn't seem to support that theory however. Do you know why I have a higher VIN number than 2799 when my car is 2758?
Other than the first 50 LS cars made for MY 2012 and 2013 there is no correlation between the VIN and serial number on the intake. You'll go blind trying to find one. ;)

Jimmy Pribble said:
Hey guys, are you keeping track of the MP (Media Pool) cars? Are Miller's Track Attack cars MP?

Jimmy

Yes, chris has them all, I should post them. The Miller cars are a mix of new production, fixed damaged cars, MP's and more.

Okay, MP0002 is at Miller to become a school car. I have photos, VIN, and such. I also know a historical footnote about the original engine. ;)

Jimmy

My Bosses build No.647,237th one in Competion Orange,and the Vin. No is 1ZVBP8CU4C5220294,Ipurchased it from Nemer Ford in Queensbury N.Y.I will post pictures when I figure out how to.

Plinker said:
My Bosses build No.647,237th one in Competion Orange,and the Vin. No is 1ZVBP8CU4C5220294,Ipurchased it from Nemer Ford in Queensbury N.Y.I will post pictures when I figure out how to.

Thanks for your info Plinker!
This site won't allow you to attach files or pictures, so you need to post them elsewhere and link to them from here.

catalyst said:
Hey, I've been lurking on the boards for a while. I have a 2012 Boss 302 in Race Red with Black Stripes, #2528. I don't want to post the vin. I'm in Fayetteville, NC.

You can PM the VIN to me and I will keep it private between Chris and myself, thanks.

Still looks like my 3248 Boss is the last 2012 listed here.
From the post on page 1:
"3248 74784 Red/Black 1 Hotrodnut"
you guys can add "FL" to it as that is my tax base and where it is now......currently on contract in Roanoke, VA without a garage so I don't have my Boss with me............ :( :(

My Boss 302 Owner's Package with the FMC Cert of Authenticity arrived a few days ago and I noticed it stated "This vehicle is # 2692 of the 2012 production run and number 571 manufactured in Race Red" while PTRocks' latest build numbers show a total of 571 units under Race Red w/ Black... what a coinkidink! 8) :D

TMO Supporting Vendors