The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Build Numbers Rapid Spec 501A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just some basic stats for now: (As of July 16, 2011)

Highest LS#: LS314
# of cars in database: 399
# of cars registered with LS#: 85
# of cars with mats/cover option: 360
# of cars with block heater: 10
# of black cars: 320
# of silver cars: 80
# of Canadian LS'es: 15
# of LS'es wrecked on the train: 2 (found so far)
# of special production cars: 2

There has been a production break from July 2nd until July 18th. 29 LS'es are scheduled to be built next week.

Re: Boss 302 Build Numbers Rapid Spec 501A

Just some basic stats for now: (As of Sept 15, 2011)

Highest LS#: LS483
# of cars in database: 602
# of cars registered with LS#: 110
# of cars with mats/cover option: 543
# of cars with block heater: 19
# of black cars: 486
# of silver cars: 116
# of Canadian LS'es: 25

5 DOT 0 said:
PTRocks said:
Just some basic stats for now: (As of Sept 15, 2011)

Chris, one of these cars was the grabber blue car auctioned at Barrett Jackson. Do you know what the other one was?

Thus far this year, aside from the BJ car there have been three LS's Ford built for itself. Two had regular Blend numbers, while the other's number was in the range usually reserved for pre-production cars..

LING952 said:
Any numbers on the regular boss production?
Thank you.
???

No, sorry. We're not up to date on the regular Boss cars yet, other than there are more than 2000 of them.

So what is the true number of production LS for the year 2012, I had heard that it is 375, total for both years would be 750! Looks like Ford will be going over that number? Low production model will be the YB or silver LS.

KYBOSSLS said:
So what is the true number of production LS for the year 2012, I had heard that it is 375, total for both years would be 750! Looks like Ford will be going over that number? Low production model will be the YB or silver LS.

The announced production is 750 LSes for 2012, and as many again for 2013.

I'm interested to see what the final number of LS's there will be for Canada. Currently there are 25 and that's a pretty low number.

LS production numbers

Just curious if anybody knows the exact figures. Also, I was talked into going with the Ingot Silver versus Black. The reasoning was long term and rumor was only 1 in 5 are going to be Ingot Silver.

No offense, to anyone I wanted Black but now that I've got the Silver & Red, it's starting to grow on me. It was funny, dealers with black LS argue that that's because black was more popular. The ones with Silver argued they are just rarer and have a better long term potential.

Anyway, the leak on borders last year indicated there were going to be 500 LS. Then I've seen 750. Mines number 445. I'm really hoping there will only be 100 to 150 of the Ingot Silver, 2012's produced.

Just curious if anybody has reliable figures on these.

Thanks.

PTRocks said:
750 is Ford's stated total.

Currently at 641 cars. 518 Black, 123 Silver.

So 1 in 5, Silver to Black sounds accurate by the numbers above. Mind my asking where you are getting your numbers? (Asking because I assume they are coming from on online. If they are confidential, please ignore the request.)

Thanks

Scott (2012YellowBoss) and I are collecting information on the cars, we have a rather extensive database going. Be sure to let us know about your car once you get it.

PTRocks said:
Scott (2012YellowBoss) and I are collecting information on the cars, we have a rather extensive database going. Be sure to let us know about your car once you get it.

Entered mine the registery last week. LS #445

frosty said:
PTRocks said:

Entered mine the registery last week. LS #445

Whoops. :)
Thanks again!

Just some basic stats for now: (As of Sept 30, 2011)

Highest LS#: LS504
# of cars in database: 643
# of cars registered with LS#: 120
# of cars with mats/cover option: 578
# of cars with block heater: 20
# of black cars: 520
# of silver cars: 123
# of Canadian LS'es: 27

Is there anyone or a site which is tracking all the color combinations for the 1st year of productions?

E-bay has eleven LS's, 6 black, 5 silver, zero above msrp, thought that this would be good info for the buyers. Had a buddy offer five over for a silver/red LS, dealer said no, they are holding out for twelve over!

TMO Supporting Vendors