The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Build Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wound up getting a killer deal on a set of PS4S's in 305/30/19's this weekend, even though they were 8 hours away... Man these things are wide. 2020 date code, and only about 200 miles on them :)
IMG_20200516_150458.jpg
Now for a nice set of 19x11's to go with.. If anyone has some good quality 25mm spacers and extended ARP studs/ford racing front hubs, let me know as well!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Just call Optimum Performance ( site sponsor) as the new racing hubs with studs are not as expensive as you might think. And you do know I am a Fanboy of Apex and Forgeline , so just contact one of them for the 19x11 instead of chasing down a used set - you can avoid chips, scuffs and likely fatigue if they were tracked alot.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Wound up getting a killer deal on a set of PS4S's in 305/30/19's this weekend, even though they were 8 hours away... Man these things are wide. 2020 date code, and only about 200 miles on them :)
View attachment 15785
Now for a nice set of 19x11's to go with.. If anyone has some good quality 25mm spacers and extended ARP studs/ford racing front hubs, let me know as well!

I think thats a typical frenchy trick...... Michelin likes to get some extra rubber on the road. A 305 Cup2 tire is as wide as a 315 Hoosier.

Wound up ordering a set of the Forgestar F14 wheels in the bronze burst finish, 19x11 square and +52mm offset. Now to wait 6-8 weeks for them to get built... Looking forward to getting the wider setup put on, should be pretty awesome! In the meantime I'll be picking up the 25mm OP mustang spacers and extended ARP studs for the front.

New wheels came in finally! So wound up with the Forgestar F14's in 19x11, +51mm offset. I weighed them, they come in at almost exactly 25lbs a piece. For tires I have Michelin Pilot Sport 4s's in 305/30/19 for all 4 corners, will be running a completely square setup. Pics or it didnt happen...
IMG_20200716_215118.jpg
IMG_20200716_214352.jpg

IMG_20200714_204730.jpg
This is Forgestar's Bronze Burst color, is very unique. Looks root beer/nearly black in the shade, and really pops to a bronze in brighter lighting.

I also picked up the OP mustang 25mm spacers and ARP 3" wheel studs, so need to get those put on and then I'll be ready to mount up the wheels! I'm looking forward to sharing some pics with everything finished up and the wheels mounted on the car!

So far an awesome build. I'm jealous.

Curious if you had to modify/relocate rear bump stop bracket for clearance?

Thanks! Havent gotten them mounted up on the car yet, I'll let you know if that is required. From the others I have talked to it seems to be fairly hit and miss, I'm hoping I dont need to relocate them.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
NorCal
That looks great! Thanks for posting about each step of your build, it was really helpful. I've finally decided to replace my stock wheels with a wider set and, like you, I want stay 19s rather than 18s. After a lot of research, I had thought 305/30s on 11" wheels would rub in the front. I was planning on going with Apex's aggressive square package with the 19x10 running 285/35 to be safe, but now I'm second guessing that...

TMO Supporting Vendors