The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Grille Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
might as well spring for another $300 for the grille to look cool too ;D

Yep ... at this point $300 is like grabbing an extra box of $2 donuts after filling the cart with $250 in weekly groceries :headbang:

boss1 said:
I have the 302 S grille and love it. Still need to screen the opening below the grille and behind the grille if you really want to protect the radiator....

I took a few good hits to the condenser and that was before I really started pushing it and driving in traffic like at PBOC Winterfest. I have a feeling it would be in bad shape without the screen from my last few outings.

I like my 302S grill, except for the pony. I didn't order the pony hoping it would not be that bad without it, but it is too integrated. I may get some enamel and change the flag to the Italian one. I'm a paisan and I'm too young for the whole gold chain and chest hair thing, so I have to represent somehow ;D

d1330983142-attn-wutstang-peoples-lrs-16228mb_5346.jpg

Did you guys just use chicken wire or did you get a lower grill kit? I am thinking get black wire similar to the one on the 302S and bond it to the back, unless I can figure out a good way to safety wire it in to match the upper grill.

boss1 said:
I have the 302 S grille and love it. Still need to screen the opening below the grille and behind the grille if you really want to protect the radiator....

Here is my solution to the lower grill opening. Made it out of stainless 1/2" mesh and stainless 3/16X1/2" strip on the outside edge. Then had it powdercoated black. Held in with 2 push pins. Gonna try and make a few more.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

06mach1 said:
boss1 said:

Here is my solution to the lower grill opening. Made it out of stainless 1/2" mesh and stainless 3/16X1/2" strip on the outside edge. Then had it powdercoated black. Held in with 2 push pins. Gonna try and make a few more.
Put me down as your first customer. ;D

CaliMR said:
That looks really good, the push pins go in oem holes or do you drill them?

I may be #2

I drilled a 1/4" hole on each side of the insert, then drilled a hole in the plastic at the same time. I used the same two piece pushpin that holds down the radiator cover to the grill.

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
$120 for the Mustang GT grill surround + $140 for the billet grill = $280

Plus another $100 for Race Red paint + $35 for the Pony grill emblem = $395 total to make it look "right" or close to anyway.

20263[/ATTACH]]IMG_0647.png

20265[/ATTACH]]IMG_0645.png

20267[/ATTACH]]IMG_0646.png

Attachments

• IMG_0647.png
    IMG_0647.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0645.png
    IMG_0645.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0646.png
    IMG_0646.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 29
He is buying two, but he wants one shipped to me.

Put me on the list as well.

Is that the v6 pony? I only saw the Boss one for 60+ but I didn't look if there is a difference yet.

CaliMR said:
He is buying two, but he wants one shipped to me.

Put me on the list as well.

Is that the v6 pony? I only saw the Boss one for 60+ but I didn't look if there is a difference yet.
I have links to all the grille parts in the first post but here's the link to the emblem. It's close enough.

http://www.steeda.com/store/3d-carbon-running-pony-emblem-for-ford-mustang.html

5 DOT 0 said:
06mach1 said:
boss1 said:

Put me down as your first customer. ;D

I will be the second. Good job!

06mach1 said:
boss1 said:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Really nice work! Are you a fabricator by trade?

Georgia
06mach1 said:
boss1 said:

That looks really good! I would be interested in one as well...

GA
CaliMR said:
I like my 302S grill, except for the pony. I didn't order the pony hoping it would not be that bad without it, but it is too integrated. I may get some enamel and change the flag to the Italian one. I'm a paisan and I'm too young for the whole gold chain and chest hair thing, so I have to represent somehow ;D

If this was the 80's, you'd be driving an IROC Z... ;)

metallicamaro-1989-iroc-z.jpgitalian20bling.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel