The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 in Race Red for sale - Good track car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys,

I've decided to sell my base Boss (#3041 located in the San Jose, CA area VIN # 1ZVP8CUXC5275946) and get a Laguna Seca. I realize it'll cost me another $10k or so, but I'm just feeling the Laguna fever!

The car has the Recaro and Torsen option and will come with the owner's package and cover. I'll even swap the nicer box from the car I used to have (#733). Mileage is showing just over 19k as of 9/17. About 5k of those miles is with the smaller diameter 18's so those miles are overstated a little. Transmission was replaced at about 5k miles? I have the documentation on that. It now has a VERY NICE MT82 that shifts great even when cold. The clutch has some lockout at max RPM and for serious track duty should be replaced with a dual disc clutch.

EDIT: I'll take $33k for everything, all OEM parts if wanted, a spare facia, both sets of wheels and tires, and I have $2500 into the bar, harnesses, and mounting clips. There's probably $6k in aftermarket stuff on the car!

Send me a PM if interested, or email me at [email protected]

The good:
It comes with SVE Drifts on it, plus the stock wheels and tires. Once stock rim is a little hammered, it was like that when I got it.
The SVE Drifts have the "Orange" Temp and Pressure senders in them, monitor both from the driver's seat.
It doesn't get the P0300 misfire codes that plague a lot of these cars.
It doesn't consume a lot of oil like a lot of cars do.
It had a "new" transmission at about 5k that shifts incredibly well at anything other than max RPM (see clutch issue)
It comes setup for track duty.
--M&M Camber / Caster Plates
--Koni Yellow Struts and Shocks
--Alum adj panhard
--BMR Lower Control Arms
--BMR LCA relocation brackets
--Cooltech Roll Bar - Powder Coated Race Red with diagonal to be legal at the Silver State Challenge
--Cooltech harnesses - Boss 302 logos on them
It has the Boss302s grill on it, and the stock grill is included.
It has the custom lower grill that matches the S grill cutout mesh
It has a Steeda shifter that is short throw which works pretty well
It has the Laguna Seca gauge pod, but basic FR gauges- Volts, coolant temp, and oil pressure
It has an Aeroforce gauge installed.
Factory seat belts (heavy) have been removed, I use the 6 point Cooltech's and they're great.
Factory rear interior panels have been removed and stored in my spare bedroom.
It has the Ford Racing lug studs installed.
It has the Ford Racing brake cooling ducts installed.
It has the cooling scoop but it's seen some battles from being so low. A nice condition used one will go with the car.

The bad:
It has a fair amount of little scratches and blemishes, nothing awful just want to note everything.
The windshield has some "sparkle" aka tiny rock chips
The windows are tinted pretty dark. Lots of guys love that but I wanted to list it. 25% on sides and 5% limo on the back!
The clutch isn't perfect when trying to shift at Max RPM, it's great otherwise
It threw a code for catalytics recently and Ford is putting in new cats this week
The front facia has been cut to allow for the tow strap to peek out. A good used red facia is included with the car.
The rear wing was removed and a GT500 wing is on it, with some scratches from previous owner.
--The OEM rear wing is included, but there is a tiny scratch or two on it as well.

The ugly:
A previous owner ground down the pinch weld on the pass side on a curb or something, not visible unless you're under it. Should be a pretty easy repair with some sandpaper and paint to clean up the edge, especially if you wanted to add some jacking rails at the same time and throw some paint on both.
A previous owner used an ink pen to color the "BOSS" lettering on the seat red. :(
--Poor job coloring and at this point a red sharpie might be the best way forward there.
--I haven't messed with it since I really don't want to make it worse without having a solid plan. See pic.

In summary, as is the car is a pretty darn good track car. It's an aftermarket clutch away from being a stellar track car. I think most cars that get tracked very much will eventually need a clutch. This one works great at anything other than max RPM. No slippage and the shifting is in the 99th percentile in terms of smoothness of the synchros. My first Boss that I crashed I thought shifted incredibly well. This one shifts noticeably nicer, especially when cold.

IMO the car is a little too low on the street with the H&R springs and 18" SVE Drifts on it. It's pretty low and scrapes the trans cooler scoop on some larger speed bumps, the scoop is a little hammered now but I have a nice used one to include if wanted. The car comes with the stock springs/struts and I'd throw in a set of "P" springs if the buyer wanted them. They're great street/track springs.

This is how she looks with the H&R springs and factory wheels.

118_zpscfc65ffe.jpg

Here's a shot of the car showing the tinted windows and SVE's with Hankook RS-3's. They're pretty done, but you could get another track day out of them or two along with a lot of street miles. Edges are getting worn.

023_zpsf54c7b86.jpg

The seats. What can I say? I do think a coat or two with red sharpie would make it look pretty good.

050_zpse59950ca.jpg

Thanks Rick! I just want to accurately describe the car.

Here's a video from Laguna Seca a few weeks ago with the group.

There's a GoPro mount stuck to the splitter and another clamped to the roll bar.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0r37o-fxwAY[/youtube]

aarcox2013 said:
"A previous owner used an ink pen to color the "BOSS" lettering on the seat red."

Jesus wept.

Sigh. I really think with a red sharpie it'd look very close to the 2012 Laguna Seca seats.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Fat Boss said:
Sigh. I really think with a red sharpie it'd look very close to the 2012 Laguna Seca seats.

Is a red sharpie included with the car? ;) ;D

Sound like I'd have to sharpen my Mustang Tetris skills to take all the spare parts in one trip...

Grant 302 said:
Is a red sharpie included with the car? ;) ;D

Sound like I'd have to sharpen my Mustang Tetris skills to take all the spare parts in one trip...

Haha I love Tetris. There's no way you could pack all the spares into the car without taking out the roll bar! Paging UPS !

Yes, I will include a red sharpie with the purchase. :D

aarcox2013 said:
"A previous owner used an ink pen to color the "BOSS" lettering on the seat red."

Yeah.........I'm SURE it was the previous owner. ;)

Seriously though, the red sharpie sounds like an interesting idea. Not that I would have the balls to try it on my seats. I'd love to see it if someone ever winds up doing it.

I edited the listing to show my rock bottom price of $33k.

I also added that I have the "Orange" tire pressure and temp system on the SVE Drifts. Pretty nice feature.

http://www.amazon.com/Orange-Electronic-P409S-Retrofit-Monitoring/dp/B002DYH586/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380216560&sr=8-1&keywords=orange+pressure

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel