The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Interior Colors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a 2012 Boss 302 and was wondering if all the interiors are the same color? I ask this because I bought a spare steering wheel which came in black. The build sheet says my car has a (MV) trim color code which is charcoal black but the steering wheel today looks gray to me. Maybe it fades to gray after a couple of years and a lot of rubbing? Is it supposed to be black?

Tim

They are all the same color and the wheel is a charcoal gray.

OK this is really confusing. I guess I need to get the correct part number from Ford by using my VIN #? Most of the Mustang suppliers only show one steering wheel for a 2012 Boss 302 and don't mention the color. The Ford part # is CR3Z3600AA which was found using my VIN number but no color description was given. Has anyone on here ordered a replacement steering wheel for their Boss? My guess is Ford used both colors interchangeably?

Tim

TMO Supporting Vendors