The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Lemon law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaliMR said:
Good call Ford, saving a few bucks on not fixing my tranny was a really nice gift to Toyota.

Yes, it does seem to be false economy. I had a tranny issue in my '01 Cobra and I took this same approach. A quick estimate is that I've spent well in excess of $200,000 on competitor's vehicles when I would rather have bought Ford products. That's just fallout from the fact that I don't consider Ford a company that stands behind it's products or warranty coverage.

Considering that the Cobra was almost new, still under warranty and the tranny still screwed up when I traded it to the Chevy dealer, I imagine that the next owner eventually had Ford fix the tranny under warranty. In the end, Ford lost over $200K in sales for itself and gave over $200K to it's competitors and still paid for the repair that I was asking for. Nice accounting work.

Oh, and the transmission in my Boss 302 is absolute garbage. I guess it was just wishful thinking that Ford would have improved the quality of this particular component in 12 model years.

Well you wont believe this one it got real nice after going to my dealer with the point given to me from the general manager that they dont get paid to replace my transmission so after then leaving i talked to useless ford that went over pretty bad cause they called the dealership and the service manager told them there is nothing wrong that my problems are skip shift I thought is he that stupid or what so now I am going to deliver two videos of the car screwing up one I am at a light and it took four ties to get into first gear and the other I just pulled into my driveway in second and could not get out it took four or five serious hard tries to get it out then when it came out I had no first and it's all in those two videos well a ford customer service woman 'Jean' And I have her number two stated cause I have a one piece driveshaft a mgw shifter and a upgraded clutch line they can void my warrantee! Nice so who ever says they cant must be wrong I told her give that to me in writting! yES i LOVE MY CAR AND DO NOT WANT TO GIVE IT UP. But do not argue when I say ford does not care cause they are proving it to me flat out. So because this is all random sometimes it works great and then bam second will not come out of gear it is hard to show them but I am showing the videos today to my service guy whom told me that his manager said if they do not see it happen then I am paying for the rental that is in my agreement paperwork. I am on my last point with this thank GOD himself that I am older now cause my younger days someone would have already had their ass beat by now. I am going to get it in writting if they dont want to do anything cause I really believe it will cause an accident I do worrie very much going onto major roads with traffic and then to say it fine after me talking to ford direct and the dealer general manager,service manager, and service rep then they will be responcible for keeping me in an unsafe car. Damn I wish the stupid thing was just working good. Sad I am starting to believe that was a huge misstake trading in my camaro it had zero problems just no damn head room.

It really sucks that your having so many problems and Ford is being such pr**ks. Wasn't Deisha a good POC for ford? I seen her name pop up alot on the other mustang forum.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
How about letting the lemon law attorney take it from here? That is what they get paid to do.

Not having stock parts on the car is an issue though-it does not matter what you think about them.

I would not waste anymore time trying to convince anybody that the aftermarket parts do not affect the transmission. The attorney should tell you to return the car to stock before going any further with a buyback.

Also, dealers can get "dinged" by the manufacturer every time they are unable to fix a car and it is lemon lawed. Don't know if this is the case with Ford.

four-walling said:
How about letting the lemon law attorney take it from here? That is what they get paid to do.

Not having stock parts on the car is an issue though-it does not matter what you think about them.

I would not waste anymore time trying to convince anybody that the aftermarket parts do not affect the transmission. The attorney should tell you to return the car to stock before going any further with a buyback.

Also, dealers can get "dinged" by the manufacturer every time they are unable to fix a car and it is lemon lawed. Don't know if this is the case with Ford.

Deysha has not let me down. I dont want to lemon law the thing this is the car I want I just want it working the correct way is that to much to ask I mean damn are you telling me you have one bad part on the car and it needs to be gotten rid of? This really sucks and if I have to put it back to stock no problem there but then the clutch pedal is going to stick to the floor and the stock shifter sucks pretty bad. The parts that I had put on the car are all great parts that do nothing but great things for the car and stock well that still does not fix the problem to have to get rid of the car to me means no more buying fords just cause they let me down as a person whom had no problems paying they should be a company whom has no problem sticking to their words and making it the car they advertised.

racered302 said:
It really sucks that your having so many problems and Ford is being such pr**ks. Wasn't Deisha a good POC for ford? I seen her name pop up alot on the other mustang forum.

She handed me off to someone else, who was very nice but basically told me that it is completely on the dealership's call. I also spoke to her manager, who was the one who told me that if I kept pushing they would just void my warranty, and that in fact it was already voided for the brake system (which I first complained about over the phone at 100 miles and at the dealership at 300 miles) because it was owner abuse. I asked if there was any appeals process, and was told no. I also asked, on the phone and at the dealership, if I could meet with the regional engineer guy whom they claimed was going to look at my car (the 1/2 mile test drive when I was promised a thorough one if I left it there a few days) and was told no. I will never buy another Ford product at this point, unless there is a major turn around on their part. It sucks that the Boss is such a great car, and that there is nothing else on the market that I actually like, or I could just trade it in and be done with it all. I also regret the numerous Ford vehicles I have bought over the last few years, as I know if there are any issues with them I will be SOL on them too.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: 2012 Boss 302 Lemon law

I would of traded it in and bought something else or just bought a different Boss if you liked the car.

Re: 2012 Boss 302 Lemon law

unrealford said:
I would of traded it in and bought something else or just bought a different Boss if you liked the car.

Mine is a comp orange 2012 I want to keep it and also want them to do what they advertise and fix it the right way. Is it to much to ask for ford to stand behind their product? I think if I get the right person involved it will be fixed.

I cant believe they would even try and void a warrantee without real proof the magnus act was created and not taken lightly in court at all. http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm this one goes pretty damn good in court. heck it is one of those things in this day and age would be easy to get into the news. I have no doubt that after they see the videos they will make it right but I have never been treated this bad as a customer whom has bought two new vehicles from them. I wish this nightmare was over.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel