The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 - Pedders Coilover Major Clearance Issues with Front

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am posting this in its own separate thread so people can be aware of the major issues I am having with my Pedders coilover suspension I purchased from American Muscle. I would also love to hear from anyone who has the Pedders coilover to see if I am the only one with issues or if others have advice. (1) Today I put my 18x10 wheels with 275/40-18 tires on. In front, the tires press tightly against the coilover and make it impossible to turn the wheels. (2) Looking closer at my stock Boss 302 19-inch wheels that I took off, I can see the wheel edge was rubbing against the coilover but not nearly as bad. (3) Looking at the coilover, I can see it is worn as well.

Side note, the American Muscle website said I could use my Maximum Motorsports camber plates but Pedders says you cannot. I ended up buying the Pedders camber plates and using those.

I am bringing the car back to the shop that installed it this week. I will also call Pedders to see if they can offer any assistance.

Is the upper bolt hole of the two coilover to spindle mountings slotted? If so, you can tilt the coilover away from the wheel there, then dial back in more negative camber at the camber plate to get back to where you were.

A wheel spacer is also a potential solution but you’d have to spend additional money and also wait for shipping.

Is the upper bolt hole of the two coilover to spindle mountings slotted? If so, you can tilt the coilover away from the wheel there, then dial back in more negative camber at the camber plate to get back to where you were.

A wheel spacer is also a potential solution but you’d have to spend additional money and also wait for shipping.
Hi, Kevo. Looks like there is no "real" slotting and the coilover is already tilted as far as it can go away from the tire. It was suggested that I purchase 25mm spacers and use those. Appreciate your response!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
TN
Q: When you installed the rear shocks, did the rear bushings w/washer & nut that came off your old shocks fit the Pedders? I heard you had to buy 2012 GT ones. I’m waiting on my extreme XA kit to show up.

TMO Supporting Vendors