The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 - Quality modifications - 18k Miles - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Price
$22900
Ok, times has come to sell one of the toys as we are looking to purchase a new home.

Background - I purchased this car roughly one year ago, specifically to pull double duty as the weekend / HPDE Toy. The car came out of Oklahoma and was built by Chicane23. They bought it damaged and rebuilt it to stock. It was then sold to the prior owner from Chicane23, who then began modifying it for open track duty in 2017. I have the VAST majority of the receipts for nearly all the parts on the car.
Once I purchased the vehicle, I enjoyed it for roughly 6 months prior to an off track excursion at VIR resulting in light front end damage (tire barrier, low speed). Thankfully there was no frame damage, so i went ahead and rebuilt it with CAPA certified parts. Let me be clear, this is not a show car, but it looks great overall and certainly holds its own on a road course. As you can see below, It has a VERY nice set of modifications allowing for a perfect dual purpose car. The car pulls hard, and is rock solid... it handles great and stops on a dime!

*Salvage Title due to the initial impact prior to Chicane23 rebuilding the vehicle*
*18,000 Miles
*Mechanically Sound
*True Boss 302 #2525
*Oil changed religiously every 1-2 track weekends depending on what time of year (less than 50 miles on current oil change)
*Recently had differential fluid and Trans fluid changed (less than 50 miles on this fluid)
Car makes 409 RWHP at 7500 RPM
Currently missing Airbag, I simply removed this after the accident.

***Modifications***
Drivetrain

American Racing Long Tube Headers w/ Boss specific off-road mid-pipe (Keeps Side Pipes)
Corsa Sport Axle Back Exhaust
SCT Tuner with Custom Tunes - 409 RWHP
Ben Calimer Stage 1 Transmission (Just over a year old, less than 2,000 Miles on this trans)
Exedy Mach 600 Clutch and Slave Cylinder
MGW Race Spec Short Throw Shifter
Ford Racing Aluminum One-Piece Driveshaft
Mishimoto Radiator (Brand new)
A/C Delete

Suspension / Brakes / Wheels
Cortex Watts Link System
Ford Performance P-Springs
Bilstein B6 Dampers
Adjustable Anti Roll Bar Links (Corner Balanced)
GT500 HD Strut Mounts
Ford Racing ABS Module
Stainless Brake Lines
14" GT500 Rear Brake Rotor Kit
GLOC Brake Pads
Ford Racing Front HUB W/ Extended ARP Studs
ARP Extended Rear Studs
Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms
Control Arm Relocation Brackets
Cortex Rear Diff Breather Catch Can - Specific for Watts Link
Stainless Brake Lines
Vorshlag Brake Ducts / Backing plates with 3" Hose (One Brake Duct insert is missing)
Forgestar F14 18x10 Wrapped in 295/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sports - Wheels and tires are basically new, one track day and limited street use.
Vorshlag 13mm Front Spacers
Motul 600 Brake Fluid
New Rear Axles and Seals in 2017 when Rear brake kit was installed

Safety / Exterior
Tiger Racing Hood
GT500 Rear Spoiler
35% Window Tint
Roush Open Air Grille
Cypher Racing Seats
Sparco 6-Point Quick Release Belts (Good through 2021)
Watson 4 Point Bolt In Cage
Rear Tow Hook (Hidden Behind Plate)

Extra Parts
Rear seat / seat parts
GiroDisc Rotor Hats
Titanium Brake shims

I am happy to answer any questions you may have. I assure you this is a healthy car, ready to take to the track or enjoy on the weekends.

Thanks for looking!

Spencer

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nice , full disclosure info on a solid track Mustang with lots of expensive parts that will save the buyer looking for a track Stang some big bucks. Wondering if with the HP rating if the car might not fit right into the TT3 ( NASA ) Time Trial Class and be a very strong contender.

Few more mods and it might even be a good candidate for a full blown wheel to wheel machine?

It's a great ride! Appreciate the offer on the airbag, but it is just the driver side bag that is missing. Honestly I was planning on taking it out as I run the 6 point and hans on track, but didn't get to it before the tire wall incident haha.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel