The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Rear Brake Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Rotating tires today and bleeding brakes.
I have no fluid to right rear brake! Removed line at caliper & no fluid coming out there either.
That means the caliper isn't frozen. All other brakes bleed OK and all other wheels hold torque with brakes applied. Flushed system in June and all was fine. Anti-lock brake problem? Don't even have 8000 miles on it yet.

Last edited:
Wow. Surprising because your car isn’t that old. In for updates.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I'm going to check it out, good excuse to finally buy a scan tool capable of running ABS tests. Being a mechanic tends to make you want to do your own work. I've only had one oil change done ever by someone other than myself. I'll post what I find out.

Were you pumping the pedal or using a power bleeder? A solenoid in the ABS unit could be stuck but I would expect it to be stuck open not closed. I would like to know which tool you end up buying that can manually actuate the valves. That would be great for flushing out all the old fluid and clearing out bubbles if I get air in there. I think I got lucky once when I ran the reservoir dry while flushing.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Pumping the brakes for bleeding. I was just doing a quick bleed as I had just flushed the system in June. Took it for a drive and did some hard stops to get the anti-lock to kick in. No luck, but logic tells me the anti-lock isn't going to activate for that wheel because that wheel can't lock up anyway. I ordered an Autel Maxi-pro, it supposedly can cycle the Anti-lock valves individually on command. Will probably dig into it late Sept. My better half has plans for us that requires me to leave the car behind. On the plus side I will get to visit Carroll Shelby Museum, maybe pick up a souvenir(oil pan):rolleyes:.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel