The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 boss 302 whine noise-please help diagnose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Other than a washing machine back there I have no idea. I've never ridden with my back seat down but I may do it tomorrow just to see how loud mine is.

BossJockey said:
Glad they got it fixed. Originally I thought your sound was like mine but it's not. Mine is more of a metal to metal scraping sound and it is there all the time the car is moving. I doesn't matter if I'm on the gas, off the gas, or costing in neutral, it always there. I can only really hear mine if the rear seat is folded down. What do you guys think it is?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zzbqCwVxoLE[/youtube]

BossJockey, did you ever identify or fix the scraping noise? My car has the same noise. I noticed it after I added the Ford Racing LS rear seat delete. My assumption is that the noise has always been present but I did not hear it through the thick foam in the original backseat.

thanks,
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors