The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 2012 Boss 302 Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow, that's amazing. Mine is under 3700 miles and I think it's spectacular. 860 miles is just crazy. Congratulations. Are you allowed to sit in it and pretend you're driving it? :):) Seriously, great to own a time capsule. Enjoy it even if it's just staring at it.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Milwaukee
Wow, that's amazing. Mine is under 3700 miles and I think it's spectacular. 860 miles is just crazy. Congratulations. Are you allowed to sit in it and pretend you're driving it? :):) Seriously, great to own a time capsule. Enjoy it even if it's just staring at it.
A 16 mile 2012 302 just hit Bring a Trailer today, so there’s that….

I had My 2012 CO Boss (#1886) out yesterday for a little exercise. It's got a little over 35K on the clock now....I got it new in Oct 2011 and over 10K of those miles happened that 1st yr of ownership.Things have slowed a bit since then but I still have my fun................Me AND the Boss.......;)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I guess my last Boss, since it was an S was a pretty low number ( #18 of 50 ) , but she is still destined to a life on track scaring Corvettes and Porsches around the Tennessee and Kentucky environs. If number 2 was mine , it would be parked in the garage as you will be doing, but not all low numbers will be ponies put out to pasture. I have had three Bosses and I do again congratulate you on your find!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Milwaukee
I believe the LS cars and the base Boss had separate number listings so the first LS should be LS001. Could be wrong.
TMSBoss,

You are correct, both have separate numbering for build sequence...the interesting thing is that the VIN#'s don't follow build sequence since normal Mustangs (base, GT, etc) were intermingled with the LS and Boss production.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
the interesting thing is that the VIN#'s don't follow build sequence since normal Mustangs (base, GT, etc) were intermingled with the LS and Boss production
Yep. I was told the build sequence numbers are assigned when the parts are dedicated to the car. The Vin is associated with the order/dealership.

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Welcome to TMO. That's a beauty !!
Well , my 13 Boss # 420 ain't going to win any beauty contests with over 65k on it but it still makes me smile everytime I floor it.!! :hellyeah:

2022Boss.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors