The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302S winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrgt said:
Its in the car still and is running great , this one is a little better.
Better works. Your car sounds bad a$$. How high do you rev it?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi BBRGT:
Great photos. I was wondering, where are you tapping in to monitor oil pressure and oil temps? Looks link a 1/4 in SS bradded line coming up the left front side to a sending unit at location of cam phaser actuators, not sure.

Also for engine oil cooling, are you running only the air to oil cooler, (as pictured), or do you use both air and coolant to oil coolers?

Thanks in advance for the information. Good luck in the 2014 season.
302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro said:
Hi BBRGT:
Great photos. I was wondering, where are you tapping in to monitor oil pressure and oil temps? Looks link a 1/4 in SS bradded line coming up the left front side to a sending unit at location of cam phaser actuators, not sure.

Also for engine oil cooling, are you running only the air to oil cooler, (as pictured), or do you use both air and coolant to oil coolers?

Thanks in advance for the information. Good luck in the 2014 season.
302 Hi Pro

The oil pressure sensor line is teed off the remote oil filter adapter on the block , the oil temp sensor is on the rear of the pan .The oil sensor unit you see by the top of the cylinder head mounts on the left frame rail .The Setrab oil cooler is all we run , its an upgrade in size from the stock 2012 Boss S cooler.

image_zps7c53916b.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Interested to see what that bad boy dynos out at.

Do you use any lower support on that oil cooler? I am replacing the 915-series Setrab (15-row, stock 302S) with a 925-series Setrab (25 row) sometime this week and I'm hoping that I can just get away with the upper bracket mounted to the radiator support such as shown in your picture.

Keep the info coming and good luck! :)

ArizonaBOSS said:
Interested to see what that bad boy dynos out at.

Do you use any lower support on that oil cooler? I am replacing the 915-series Setrab (15-row, stock 302S) with a 925-series Setrab (25 row) sometime this week and I'm hoping that I can just get away with the upper bracket mounted to the radiator support such as shown in your picture.

Keep the info coming and good luck! :)

Thanks , we have not had to use a lower mount and everything still looks good , close to 20 hours with just the upper mount.

patrickshelby said:
bbrgt said:
More photos

IMG_1363_zps7f4c6481.jpg
What is that transmission?

It's the Tremec t6060 from the Boss 302R

ArizonaBOSS said:
So many goodies, so little time. That's a pair of very spendy clutches! :) Nice lightweight flywheel as well.

Any plans for the "old" engine?

The old engine will be a spare , that clutch is standard on the 2014 Boss 302S

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Sweet Jesus, it's beautiful! Is it a "regular" (lol!) BOSS engine w/ CJ intake or is it a full-on Aluminator XS?

FRPP sure is focused on improving the 302S with each year. I remember seeing all the improvements on the 13 vs. the 12, and now that clutch on the 14s...I wonder what other goodies went into the 14 cars.

In for Dyno! Get a video if you can?

ArizonaBOSS said:
Sweet Jesus, it's beautiful! Is it a "regular" (lol!) BOSS engine w/ CJ intake or is it a full-on Aluminator XS?

FRPP sure is focused on improving the 302S with each year. I remember seeing all the improvements on the 13 vs. the 12, and now that clutch on the 14s...I wonder what other goodies went into the 14 cars.

In for Dyno! Get a video if you can?
No, its a big bore with diamond racing pistons , manley rods , ported heads , CJ cams and upgraded valve springs , I will video the dyno runs .
We have 2 of the 14 Boss S's being built , the cars have some nice upgrades

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel