The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss Leguna Seca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012 Ford Boss Laguna Seca - Just under 4700 miles from new. Number 617. Only 767 were made in 2012.

Powered by the Road Runner 5.0 liter, which is based on the Coyote 5.0-liter engine. The Road Runner motor was upgraded with new intake runners, revised camshafts, CNC ported heads, and more aggressive engine controls which raise output from 412 hp to 440hp. Short-throw 6-speed manual transmission with an upgraded clutch. 3.73:1 rear end axle ratio and carbon-fiber plates within the limited-slip differential. Handling is improved through the use of higher-rate coil springs, manually adjustable struts and shocks, and larger stabilizer bars and stiffer bushings.

The restrictor plates have been removed from the side exhaust pipes, allowing the engine to perform better and increasing the volume of the exhaust. This car has also been fitted with Corsa mufflers out back, creating a fantastic, powerful sound, with no drone. The stock mufflers are also included, and are in as new condition.

The car is fitted with the front air splitter. It also comes with the second, stock Boss 302 front chin spoiler. Painted stock Leguna Seca wheels - 19 by 9 inches in front and 19 by 10 in back, wrapped in 255/40 front and 285/35 rear. Brembo brakes are standard with high-performance pads and special ABS calibration. In addition, the Boss 302 brake cooling ducts have also been installed by the dealer.

Interior has an Alcantara-covered steering wheel, dark metallic dash and door panels, a black shift knob, and Recaro seats. Eleven pounds of sound-deadening material are eliminated by the factory, to allow more of the engine's tuned exhaust sound to fill the cabin and lighten the car. The rear seat is also deleted by the factory and in its place is a special Leguna Seca only X-brace to help stiffen the chassis.

Kept in showroom condition since new. It also comes fully documented with original window sticker, owner's manuals, Boss Owner's Kit, Boss 302 book and DVD, and posters. It includes the red track key, already programed.

Clean Carfax, free and clear PA title in hand. Car is in Pittsburgh.
VIN: 1ZVBP8CU5C5255667
Call Ed at 412-328-4740. (private party)

Price: $38,500; entertaining reasonable offers.

Non-refundable $1000 deposit required.

As is where is – no warranties.
IMG_5515.jpg2012_ford_mustang_boss_302_154153626691c06afdd707843ff3IMG_5352.jpg2012_ford_mustang_boss_302_154153736917f91c06afdd7078IMG_5378.jpgIMG_1396.JPG2012_ford_mustang_boss_302_1541537424f91c06afdd707843ffIMG_5387.jpgIMG_1404.JPGIMG_1401.JPGIMG_5517.jpg

Thanks for the look. I am selling because I am once again over-extended with cars. I just do not have the time to keep up with my hobby cars, plus the daily grocery getters, plus the other things in life that need attention (altho hard to believe anything beyond cool cars matters much:)).

Anyway, I got this Boss over the winter. I had just sold my 06 GT last fall, and was missing this gen of Mustang. (I've had 5 S197 generation Mustangs over the past 14 years). So when the Boss came up, I jumped on it.

The Leguna Seca has always been one of my "halo" cars. It is a great car, but after driving it for a bit, it is more than I want for a daily driver - it just doesn't fit that bill. My 911 does, though, so that's what I'll keep for the 9 months a year that I can drive it regularly. I have another collector level car with my 1978 Porsche 928. This Boss is also in that category. So, rather than racking up miles, I've decided to let this one go. If it doesn't sell by the end of the month, then I'll likely pull the ad and put a couple of thousand on it this summer, and look to sell it in the fall. There is a big, national Boss 50th reunion taking place this year, and it happens to be in my backyard, at Pitt Race. A big part of me hopes I still have the car to take to this gathering. It is going to be a big one.

Hope that answer wasn't too long winded!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No offense, but why not look at selling the Porsche 928 as that has been a super limited, niche market, Stuttgart Speedster. Prices are a little better now, but they have traditionally been all over the market and usually quite low. Your LS is a low production Mustang, built for only 2 years , and arguably in the one of the hotter color combinations. It will likely hold it's value much better than the 928, as well as being much easier in future years to obtain parts and service. Love Porsches, am sure you enjoy your 911, but if viewing your cars based on which one to keep and which one has more long term potential , the Laguna Seca will likely have higher value than the much maligned 928, imho.

The 928 is a first year, special color, pasha (checkered) interior and unrestored original, with fairly low miles. It is presently quite valuable, and only becoming more so. The Leguna is a great car, but it will not approach the value of the 928. The 928 in my opinion is one of the best cars ever made. To drive one is an experience. It is a much better car than any 911 of the same vintage, and while I love my Mustangs, they are not in the same class.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
As noted, my personal opinion, based on 30+ years selling High Performance and Specialty automobiles, and I agree the drive(( of the 928 ) is remarkable, yet the pricing has been in a very narrow market. Seldom strong , but who cares , you are obviously quite passionate about the machine and that is really all that matters. Just a minor suggestion , from a professional standpoint, yet the passion one has for various machines actually holds sway over all other aspects of a car's value. Enjoy and good luck on the LS sale.

Well, bring it to Pittsburgh this summer for the 50th reunion. It's right in my backyard, and if my car doesn't sell pretty soon, I'll just keep it and drive it in the rotation. Ha, life's tough choices :)

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Love to make that event , as I know the folks who own Pittsburgh International Raceway, but that is the same weekend as the Solo Nationals in Lincoln, Nebraska. So I will end up running with 1400 other crazy Autocrossers, though I will be co-driving with my son in his nasty EVO9! PIR is on my bucket list of tracks I want to go to, as the Stouts made some significant changes to what used to the called Beaver Run, and the complex is now state of the art and my friends in PA. comment it is a riot to race on?!

Indeed, it is a great venue. Pretty cool you've made it out here and you know the Stouts. For others following along at home, the Stouts are also co-owners of VIR. They brought the former Beaver Run to a whole new level with the change to Pitt Race and the expansion of the track to add the south track and a total of 2.8 miles.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have not run there yet, but have kept tabs on the track from my boatload of customers in Pennsylvania. Met the Stouts during the early years of Viper Days, and they likely don't remember ( which is good, ha ) , but they once commented to me that my encouragement to them about racing had cost them a lot of money!

With the purchase to the tracks I would imagine the passion for racing and the tracks , they have forgiven me and likely even forgotten those old thoughts of many years back. Nice couple, passionate couple , and always a joy to be around.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome Doc, you will find this is a fun, informative place for information on your Mustang. Whether tech notes, info on tracks, vehicles and parts for sale, and advice in even the most obscure areas, TMO is the venue for Mustang track rats!
Look forward to your contributions.

Bump. Just put the smaller front spoiler back on. The splitter and all related hardware of course still comes with the car. Also, new tires - Falkans all the way around. A very good tire - grippy and fast. Had some road rash on the front and a door ding on the driver's door taken car of. The car is in perfect condition, 4700 miles. I will drive it some until it sell.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel