The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss security upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone done a security upgrade yet? I notice ford listing a 7L3Z-19A361-AA module not sure if it will work on the boss or not I am putting an expensive stereo for the blue tooth and figured it may be a good idea to protect it a little better.

I'm thinking about an alarm but not sure which one. Found this discussion on the part number you gave http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2012-mustangs/446642-7l3z19a361aa-vss-install.html.

racered302 said:
I'm thinking about an alarm but not sure which one. Found this discussion on the part number you gave http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2012-mustangs/446642-7l3z19a361aa-vss-install.html.
I will have to admit alot of factory stock alarms have had problems in the past I have had to diable a few myself. The best way Ive ever seen it is when you have one installed only for the glass breakage and not hook anything else up the car already has an alarm that will handle everything else I think this is the route I may take. I just did not want another remote to have on my keychain.

Maui
jeepinocala said:
Anyone done a security upgrade yet? I notice ford listing a 7L3Z-19A361-AA module not sure if it will work on the boss or not I am putting an expensive stereo for the blue tooth and figured it may be a good idea to protect it a little better.

One of my first upgrades was putting in an alarm. I went with Compustar. I got remote start, and DRONE which allows you to lock, unlock, open your trunk, and start your car with your phone (I phone in my case). The upgraded Compustar plan also allows you to track your car on GPS as well. The other system I was thinking about was Viper, but ended up going with compustar... Both are great systems.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
808Boss said:
jeepinocala said:

One of my first upgrades was putting in an alarm. I went with Compustar. I got remote start, and DRONE which allows you to lock, unlock, open your trunk, and start your car with your phone (I phone in my case). The upgraded Compustar plan also allows you to track your car on GPS as well. The other system I was thinking about was Viper, but ended up going with compustar... Both are great systems.
is there a monthly charge for the service?

ArizonaGT said:
As noted in our PMs, I had a Viper 3105V installed when I took delivery. Use the factory key fobs.
Yes I did get a hold of the guy you pm me of he was a great help if I was near him I would have him do the job for sure. Now I am printing wire diagrams up for my local audio shop we will se if they understand what I want so far nobody local has said it can be done pretty sad huh.

Maui
boss2511 said:
808Boss said:
jeepinocala said:

is there a monthly charge for the service?

There is a yearly charge. The first year is free for basic service, then it's 49 dollars after that. You can get a 3 year plan for cheaper... Check out this link.

http://www.dronemobile.com/pricing/plans.html

TMO Supporting Vendors