The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss vs 2010 Camaro SS On Road Course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just something I found and thought it would be an interesting post/link on the BMO site.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr3SwDviPQ0[/youtube]

I'm surprised the margin of victory wasn't larger. It would have been if he didn't have such a lousy start.

The Camaros come in some great colors - i just saw a picture of a green one on line yesterday that was really sharp and would definitely turn heads in coupe or convertible models. First hot car I ever remember being in love with was a green '69 Z28 with black stripes. I'm sure the face off in Mustang and Camaro sales will continue as it always has. But that is good for all of us as the cars will continually evolve and survive into the future. Three cheers for motorheads!

5 DOT 0 said:
I'm surprised the margin of victory wasn't larger. It would have been if he didn't have such a lousy start.
Yep - depends on the drivers. For a reasonably accurate comparison, you'd really need to have a couple of pro race drivers go head to head. But even with car mag journalists stomping the pedals, the Mustang has universally been judged to be the clearly better performer not to mention more fun to drive.

As long as the Camaro is several hundred pounds heavier and bigger, we've got no worries.

On a short, fast track like Lightning, 2 seconds is huge. I imagine if the Boss didn't have to tighten his line to pass the Camaro, the difference would have been much larger.

TMO Supporting Vendors