The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Brake Cooling Duct Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I think it's easier to remove the whole front bumper cover and fascia with the splitter and leave the fender liners on.

7423883200_308ccc3c8a_n.jpg

If you mean to drill the inlet holes, that part pops out of the fascia:

7423896518_1883534e6e_n.jpg

drano38

Wayne
Agree, pull the bumper cover. With the Boss splitter, it stands up on its own just like Grant posted above. Have a tarp, blanket, or something below it when you pull it off just in case it rolls onto its front, but it shouldn't.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Removing the front bumper cover is not so daunting and will greatly reduce the cuss count. After the second tyme around it became second nature. I've lost count on how many tymes I've removed mine for mods and will be doing again soon to install my new aluminum radiator and silicone hoses.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel