The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Hood Stripe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

I have to have my hood fixed, found out the hood stripe is 300.00 my cost........Is there a place to get a replacement that you can't tell any differece in?

It won't be the same as the OEM. Try Levittown Ford for cost +10%. Or just leave it off. ;)

stock OE stripe has a crappy finish on it. It's also a PITA to install. Be proud of your hood bulge and go naked. ???

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
It isn't that hard to put back on if you're patient and still have a good eye. Removal on the other hand, I can't speak to.
Going naked IMHO takes away from the basic identity of the car. Another thought would be to have someone actually paint on the stripe. More costly but possibly easier to maintain.

Here is one being sold on ebay. Sure the quality isn't as good as OEM, but for $44 might be worth the gamble.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Hood-Scoop-Blackout-Stripe-2010-2011-2012-Decal-Pro-Motor-/121115458524?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c330b3bdc&vxp=mtr

BLAZN BOSS

Ugggg. The stripe belongs on there and mine is perfect, just has to be removed for the hood to be repainted. I was hoping someone found one as good as the factory one but I guess not. Applying ford stripes is easy.........soapy water and a sponge to squeege it out. When I worked at the dealership I had to do all kinds. I was being cheap....didnt wanna spend the 300. Thanks for your time.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
BLAZN BOSS said:
I have to have my hood fixed, found out the hood stripe is 300.00 my cost........Is there a place to get a replacement that you can't tell any differece in?

My car ownership experience shows that if you purchase a "limited" production car that uses a unique part for only that vehicle you will pay all the money for that part.

Since the hood decal is used on no other Mustang, be prepared to pay all the money for the decal.

You know unless your determined to keep it box stock (pure) consider having it painted on or even give plasti-dip a try. With the plastidip it wouldn't be permanent and you could experiment with different shade/shape etc...just a thought. There are plenty of places as previousily mentioned that can make a similar looking one for you.

BLAZN BOSS

Its staying pure..........im dying inside just having to paint the hood. If an aftermarket isnt exactly perfect then I'll just get the Ford one.

TMO Supporting Vendors