The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Laguna Seca Front Splitter - Correct Part Number Needed Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'd like to add the LS Front Splitter to a 2012 Boss 302.

Several versions are available, and none of the compatibility information seems unequivocal. The correct part seems to be the Splitter made for the 10-12 body style. The only question seems to be whether the standard BOSS already has the reinforcement bracket.

I'd appreciate any helpful guidance.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
The standard Boss 302 (non-Laguna Seca) does not have the bracket... you'll need that as well.

Laguna Seca Splitter: M-16601-MB
World Challenge Splitter: M-16601-S

Either one of these will be a complete kit needed to install on a standard 2012 Boss 302

My recommendation is to buy the WC splitter and not the LS. Besides being significantly less expensive it's less likely to rub, drag and otherwise get caught on anything.

And welcome to BMO.

12WhiteBoss302 said:
What is the difference between the Laguna Seca Splitter and the World Challenge Splitter? I am also considering buying one.
The World Challenge splitter is smaller to meet their class specifications.

LS-Retail $830

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12493

WC-Retail $549

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13123

I appreciate the feedback and suggestions, including the WC alternative - though I'm likely to stick with the LS, as the car will be almost exclusively track driven - especially with the splitter mounted.

With respect to the reinforcement bracket, I was surprised to learn that apparently some baseline 302s included the bracket while others didn't. Nevertheless, the fascia has the rubber grommets for fitting the struts.

I'm also deciding whether or not to swap out the rear spoiler at the same time. Having a white-on-red car and swapping-out the grille for a 302S painted white in the style consistent with the Track Attack Cars, I've also been considering swapping-out the rear spoiler despite the minimal aerodynamic effect it's likely to have.

In either event, I'm going to paint the rear spoiler white, but am mulling whether to add the LS/CS style pedestal spoiler or stick with the minimalist baseline GT version.

Madlock said:
I'm also deciding whether or not to swap out the rear spoiler at the same time. Having a white-on-red car and swapping-out the grille for a 302S painted white in the style consistent with the Track Attack Cars, I've also been considering swapping-out the rear spoiler despite the minimal aerodynamic effect it's likely to have.
The rear spoiler will have more effect than the LS over the WC splitter.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel