The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Laguna Seca Guage POD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone installed one of these on a 2013 Legun Seca ?
I would be interested in any tips or advice you might share.

Hmmm I thought we had a thread on that topic but I can't seem to find it.

Welcome to BMO, which Boss do you have?

2013 LS #359

I bought the guages & want to make sure the center guage will work in the 2013

GT390 said:
2013 LS #359

I bought the guages & want to make sure the center guage will work in the 2013

As far as I know the center guage is a standalone item. It does not talk to the rest of the car. The wiring diagram for the 2012 is attached to the post linked below. see pages 5-7.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/upgraded-gauges-ls-498982/index2/#post6438101

I was thinking of adding one to mine as well. I know the 13's new gauges pretty much display the same as what these do, but you can watch more things at once with these plus I just think they look really cool. I heard Blue Oval Industries has the best prices on these.

Sesshomurai

DadzBoss said:
I was thinking of adding one to mine as well. I know the 13's new gauges pretty much display the same as what these do, but you can watch more things at once with these plus I just think they look really cool. I heard Blue Oval Industries has the best prices on these.

Agree. I also saw BOI was backordered on them. $150 cheaper than elsewhere. Not sure if the install is a DIY though.

I am going another way. I bought the LS pod empty and am putting Ford Racing guages (Autometer) in the pod (water, oil temp and oil pressure). The results is almost half the price of the LS guage pod with the guages! But then, I have a 2013 and have the middle guage from the LS pod built in.

TxMustang said:
I am going another way. I bought the LS pod empty and am putting Ford Racing guages (Autometer) in the pod (water, oil temp and oil pressure). The results is almost half the price of the LS guage pod with the guages! But then, I have a 2013 and have the middle guage from the LS pod built in.

I went the same route. Here's a little right up I did.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/gauges-install-502323/

I am also going to install the gauges. I talked to Ford Racing and they stated although they haven't tested them on the 2013, they did not think the wiring harnesses were any different and didn't see an issue. I was also able to get a pdf of the installation manual as well. Much better detail in the photos. I hope to have mine done by next week.

I have the unit in hand, and I am talking to my local Ford dealer about the install.
I would appreciate any feed back from any one that actually winds up getting theirs installed before I do.

Ok, I just finished my Mustang Gauge Pack install. Shoot me your email for the Ford Racing Instructions (original pdf, not a copy) and a write up with the steps that are missing from the Ford Installation Instructions. If someone knows how to post a "How To", I'll be happy to provide the material.
To answer the original question, yes, the kit is compatible with the 2013 Boss/LS. Would I do it differently if I did it over again...yes. The center "multifunction" gauge has the same features that come with your OEM multifuction track apps. I think I would piece together a kit of the same type Ford Racing Gauges and save yourself some $$$ for a MGW shifter. Also, you need to get the 2012 Boss Laguna Seca Supplement to get the operating instructions for this gauge. I've got the PDF if you need it. Any questions, let me know.

TMO Supporting Vendors