The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Mustang Boss 302 New Clutch/Reservoir Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I changed it because it came as a package deal which is less of a hassle to assemble with all the correct (new) hardware. As long as the clutch plate bolts to the stock fly wheel you should be OK but I would definitely have the OEM flywheel re-surfaced because the clutch disc will never seat correctly. I did this once years ago to save money and just buffed it with a scotch brite pad because it looked/felt flat. The mild clutch chatter never fully went away even after 20k miles.

Tim

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Niceville, Fla.
Finally got to the "misfire monitor neutral profile correction" procedure finished. It was successfully completed and the car seems to be running smooth again. I will take it out for a test drive this weekend to see how the new clutch is going to perform. No more fault codes except the "skip shift" solenoid is not working for some reason but since I don't need help shifting my car I will leave it as is.

Tim

View attachment 10425View attachment 10426View attachment 10427 .

Tim
I'm attempting the Crank Relearn with my SCTx4 on my '12 GT, and getting "Error, Failed to Initialize" during the step which requires the RPM increase. How many times did you need to raise the RPMs past threshold before you successfully completed the relearn - I see a count of six on your screen? Does the threshold change each time, or is it always around 4200? Thanks

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN

TMO Supporting Vendors