The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Mustang GT Track Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012 Mustang GT

Engine:
•Boss 302 intake manifold
•BBK 85mm throttle body
•Airaid intake
•Off road x pipe
•Bama Tune
•Deleted resonators
•Deleted mufflers
•Quad Tips
•JLT oil catch cans passenger & driver
•Boss 302 oil cooler

Suspension:
•Koni sport yellow adjustable struts
•BMR performance lowering springs
•J&M Caster Camber plates
•Boss 302 strut tower brace
•Whiteline adjustable sway bars
•Whiteline end links
•Whiteline rear fixed lower control arms
•Whiteline rear adjustable UCA
•BMR differential bushing
•Whiteline adjustable panhard bar
•Power stop Z23 evolution sport brakes
•Russell Steel braided brake lines
•Ford Performance Jounce Bumpers

Wheel Specs SVE s350
•Finish: Gloss Graphite
•Size: 20x10
•Backspace: 7.07"
•Offset: +40mm
•Weight: 26.4lbs
•Tires: Nitto NT555r G2 front 275 rear 305

Exterior:
•Boss 302 Lower Facia
•Boss 302 Splitter
•Raxiom projector headlights
•Modern Billet Grille w/tribar pony emblem
•Gt500 spoiler
•Gt500 rear diffuser
•RTR decklid
•Stubby antenna

Interior:
•Ford performance short throw shifter •Ford Performance two post bracket
•RTR shifter knob
•Weather tech mats

D46ECC1F-E6C8-4CD5-AFA2-28A36E73FB09.png

9ACFF3B2-B7B4-46DE-9A0E-D99CDE4B8644.jpeg

2F5C69BC-48A4-4802-9D29-747B067B3762.jpeg

2B8DFB1A-455E-47F8-A122-9A74DE656AD5.jpeg

089C56F9-2A25-4D79-9C7C-514109A6A4EF.jpeg

623B795C-570E-4C10-A824-F8B9AFCBA9B7.jpeg

2DB953CF-D5B9-4BAC-AC96-ABC7A76C93A7.jpeg

0E67299A-153B-42C2-8433-ACD4F503818B.jpeg

41C51152-09E9-4200-BEB0-7F194E9B3C1F.jpeg

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Thanks for sharing, but you'll want to add all of this info and those photos to a vehicle profile here:

This way, you'll get a nice little blurb added to your signature on the site that points everyone to your car's profile where they can see your car's specs and photos. Not to mention a build thread gets added that you can then update when you make progress on your build, or post track day recaps in.

Welcome to the site!

Nice car Stealth! Love the color (i have an ingot silver 2012GT). If you dont mind here are some comments on your mods.

2012 Mustang GT

Engine:
•Boss 302 intake manifold - great piece!! The CJ has more toruqe but i didn't notice much changing between em.
•BBK 85mm throttle body - didn't help me at all but i got one anyway and loved it.
•Airaid intake - drool
•Off road x pipe - man, get some cats thats stinky as hell unless you are E85.
•Bama Tune - careful, they had me tuned at like 0.87 lambda back in the early days like 2011 timeframe.. hell at one point steeda had me at 0.9! my #8 somehow survived. been at 0.83 since Shaun the man started my tunes in 2012.
•Deleted resonators - nasty dented up things anyway.
•Deleted mufflers - OH MY GOD YOUR CAR IS LOUD
•Quad Tips :)
•JLT oil catch cans passenger & driver - coll
•Boss 302 oil cooler - nice addition, did you increase the radiator to go with it?

Suspension:
•Koni sport yellow adjustable struts - tasty.
•BMR performance lowering springs - sits perfect
•J&M Caster Camber plates - any clunk?
•Boss 302 strut tower brace - useless, mine sits next to the car in the garage. You dont need a strut brace in the S197.
•Whiteline adjustable sway bars - damn! bold move.. so do you run the front stiffer?
•Whiteline end links
•Power stop Z23 evolution sport brakes - are they squeeky?

Wheel Specs SVE s350
•Weight: 26.4lbs - not bad but my CCP made GForce 18x10's from Vorshlag are under 20lbs. and say 'not for street use' heheehe..
•Tires: Nitto NT555r G2 front 275 rear 305 Those suck, get some Michelin Pss / PS 4s, the world will change.

Exterior:
•Boss 302 Lower Facia - looks so good
•Boss 302 Splitter
•Raxiom projector headlights - i fuckin hate those.. get the stock ones back on now!!
•Gt500 spoiler
•Gt500 rear diffuser
•RTR decklid
•Stubby antenna

Interior:
•Ford performance short throw shifter •Ford Performance two post bracket - how loud is your MT82?
•RTR shifter knob
•Weather tech mats

2012 Mustang GT

Engine:
•Boss 302 intake manifold - great piece!! The CJ has more toruqe but i didn't notice much changing between em.
- I would love to change to a CJ but my budget isn't huge and there are other mods that I feel are more important at the moment

•BBK 85mm throttle body - didn't help me at all but i got one anyway and loved it.
- the only reason I have it is someone was selling it on craigslist for $150 but I do like how it changed the throttle response

•Airaid intake - drool
- agreed

•Off road x pipe - man, get some cats thats stinky as hell unless you are E85.
-that came with the car the plan is to do headers and new x pipe

•Bama Tune - careful, they had me tuned at like 0.87 lambda back in the early days like 2011 timeframe.. hell at one point steeda had me at 0.9! my #8 somehow survived. been at 0.83 since Shaun the man started my tunes in 2012.
- the tune came with the car I would like to get a Lund Tune when I tackle the headers

•Deleted resonators - nasty dented up things anyway.
•Deleted mufflers - OH MY GOD YOUR CAR IS LOUD
- crazy loud but for now I like it

•Quad Tips :)
•JLT oil catch cans passenger & driver - coll
•Boss 302 oil cooler - nice addition, did you increase the radiator to go with it?
- I really just want to do an air to air oil cooler and a new radiator but for now just the boss 302

Suspension:
•Koni sport yellow adjustable struts - tasty.
•BMR performance lowering springs - sits perfect
•J&M Caster Camber plates - any clunk?
- yes and I hate it

•Boss 302 strut tower brace - useless, mine sits next to the car in the garage. You dont need a strut brace in the S197.
- really? cause i will sell that thing and use the $ to help with other useful mods

•Whiteline adjustable sway bars - damn! bold move.. so do you run the front stiffer?
- there was a clunking sound in the rear so I was gonna change out the rear stock sway bar then decided to just get the whiteline kit

•Whiteline end links
•Power stop Z23 evolution sport brakes - are they squeeky?
- no squeaking but I still feel like my brakes suck, next is some sort of brake kit

Wheel Specs SVE s350
•Weight: 26.4lbs - not bad but my CCP made GForce 18x10's from Vorshlag are under 20lbs. and say 'not for street use' heheehe..
- I really want Apex 18x10 currently they are on back order

•Tires: Nitto NT555r G2 front 275 rear 305 Those suck, get some Michelin Pss / PS 4s, the world will change.
- not a fan at all my car doesn't hook ever and I need a square set up September looking to do Apex 18x10 with 275's or 295's squared

Exterior:
•Boss 302 Lower Facia - looks so good
•Boss 302 Splitter
•Raxiom projector headlights - i fuckin hate those.. get the stock ones back on now!!
- couldn't agree more with you I will be changing these after better wheels tires and brakes are handled, the stock ones broke so i got these off facebook market place for $120 brand new in the box

•Gt500 spoiler
•Gt500 rear diffuser
•RTR decklid
•Stubby antenna

Interior:
•Ford performance short throw shifter •Ford Performance two post bracket - how loud is your MT82?
- its not too bad but I haven't had the chance to try an MGW yet but that is another one where I got that setup for $100 and plan to change it when I get a new clutch

•RTR shifter knob
•Weather tech mats

I really appreciate all the feed back, and would love any more suggestions or help. My goal with the car is Autocross and maybe a track day at circuit of Americas once or twice a year. Not sure what to tackle next...

Option 1. Apex wheels... 18x10 275's or 295's squared (still my daily and sees majority street time)

Option 2. Brakes... factory brembos with upgraded pads and rotors something that isn't crazy expensive that works

Option 3. Headers and tune... run what I have for tires and brakes cause they still have a lot of life left and get ARH or BBK headers new x pipe Lund tune and possibly 47lb injectors for E85

Option 4. New clutch, braided clutch line, MGW race spec

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The comments between Stealth and Twisted is a perfect example about how beneficial doing a " Build Thread" can be. Folks with similar mods can chat like these two or do a PM ( conversation on this site ) and access what worked for them or possibly see if certain things helped a lot or small problems/concerns/irritants showed up. In some cases someone who has done a few things , but plans on specific changes may find another member who has already made those changes, and bingo they have a source with common interests to chat with.

Plus -------all of us love seeing what others have done and not just mechanically . Some of the cosmetic exterior changes are killer!

The comments between Stealth and Twisted is a perfect example about how beneficial doing a " Build Thread" can be. Folks with similar mods can chat like these two or do a PM ( conversation on this site ) and access what worked for them or possibly see if certain things helped a lot or small problems/concerns/irritants showed up. In some cases someone who has done a few things , but plans on specific changes may find another member who has already made those changes, and bingo they have a source with common interests to chat with.

Plus -------all of us love seeing what others have done and not just mechanically . Some of the cosmetic exterior changes are killer!

Any help I can get with turning my build into a more Street/Auto X/weekend track warrior would be greatly appreciated. Running on a smaller budget is difficult, but it is not small enough where it is unrealistic. I am really looking for functional and affordable modifications that make the biggest/most noticeable difference. Some of the most frustrating aspects are doing modifications then having to go back and re-do them, so trying to avoid that at all costs.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The single numero uno thing to increase your times is simply tires. Even though you drive daily ,if you are autocrossing you will be in CAMC and if on track you will want the rubber to help with the weight. Get a set of 18x11 Apex rims and then grab a set of BFG Rival S 1.5s . The Falken 615K+s also work , but they are not nearly as quick for an autocross. The Yokes likely are a bit quicker, but they get greasy quick on a road course and they wear like paper at the Autocrosses -- they win , but they have a half life of butter.

TMO Supporting Vendors