The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 owners.......we don't need no stinkin' Sync

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPS guy just brought me this:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-BlackBerry-Smartphones/dp/B004EHZUYG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337104293&sr=8-2

Best $60 I've ever spent. Took like 30 seconds to set it up and now I have Bluetooth calling and music from my Android phone. Need to test out the Nav to see if that works too. Pretty cool.

zero said:
could you post a pic where you have it mounted, sounds interesting

I didn't mount it anywhere. The auxiliary jack and 12V power connector are both in the center console. I just plugged in both and left it in the console.

zero said:

Likewise! I am very curious how the sound quality will be over the exhaust. I do like the way sync works in the Fusion when I am playing the radio loud and a call will over ride it.

Rich_S said:
zero said:

I didn't mount it anywhere. The auxiliary jack and 12V power connector are both in the center console. I just plugged in both and left it in the console.

I prefer listening to the engine over the radio too, but sometimes I need to make a phone call in the car.

Rich_S said:
zero said:

So how do you make a hands free call? isn`t that round part the mic for hands free?

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
I wish I had a nickel for each and every time I've read opinions or feedback related to no need for a radio or Sync in the Boss...

Thanks for sharing. Your views and advice on how the rest of us are 'missing the point/just don't get it' are really appreciated. I especially love all those 'What? There's a radio in the Boss?!' comments! They are so very helpful and do wonders to further the discussion. I'm not the forum police, and truly detest the holier-than-thou types of snarky comments that pervade so many other public forums. But the OP shared a really helpful link for those that would like the ability to easily use a cell phone. I guess the purists can just turn their phones off while driving their Boss, and more power to 'em!

A little humor now and again is certainly not a bad thing, even to stray off topic or just to have a little fun. But what real purpose does anyone serve to put down some one else's desire to upgrade their ride with something that will make them happy? Sometimes, less is more. When I see requests for feedback on some mod, design or whatever, I will usually only comment to offer constructive criticism. If I think it's the worst thing ever, I don't bother posting 'that's hideous' or 'are you nuts' kind of comments. Someone posts on their shag carpet dash board mod is just begging for trouble, but for so many subjective 'eye of the beholder' opinions, it's a lot easier to just leave it be and move on to the next thread.

Just a minor rant, but at least I feel better now. :) So feel free to spam the stealth audio upgrade thread I post later this year with all the 'there's a radio...?' comments you wish. I know you can't help it. ;)

ace72ace said:
Just a minor rant, but at least I feel better now. :) So feel free to spam the stealth audio upgrade thread I post later this year with all the 'there's a radio...?' comments you wish. I know you can't help it. ;)
Thanks for the invite, I'll be back. ;D Remember RCWALP.

ace72ace

You just made the list buddy!!! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs

zero said:
Rich_S said:
zero said:

So how do you make a hands free call? isn`t that round part the mic for hands free?

No, it's a Bluetooth receiver.

The microphone is in your phone and the audio out comes through the cars' speakers.

ace72ace

All these radio hatin' guys should remove the radio and speakers and antenna to save weight. If you really are that serious about the RCWALP mantra, go ahead and do it and take pix and post it in the 'How To' section. Then you all can proudly tell anyone who rides in your Boss what you did, and that you wish it had hand crank windows and no A/C BECAUSE RACE CAR!! ::)

ace72ace said:
All these radio hatin' guys should remove the radio and speakers and antenna to save weight. If you really are that serious about the RCWALP mantra, go ahead and do it and take pix and post it in the 'How To' section. Then you all can proudly tell anyone who rides in your Boss what you did, and that you wish it had hand crank windows and no A/C BECAUSE RACE CAR!! ::)

+1

ace72ace said:

+2

ace72ace said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it's expressed as their opinion and not personally attacking someone. Nobody said they hated the radio they just prefer to listen to the engine. This thread is about the 2012 cars so why are you even posting in it?

ace72ace

5 DOT 0 said:
ace72ace said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it's expressed as their opinion and not personally attacking someone. Nobody said they hated the radio they just prefer to listen to the engine. This thread is about the 2012 cars so why are you even posting in it?

Are you saying I can't have an opinion about the 2012 Boss?

TMO Supporting Vendors