The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Rare optioned Boss 302 for sale SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Price
$33500
Hello, fellas/ladies. Newbie here, so I wanted to give a little more details about my 2012 Boss 302. This was an originally Canadien dealer car that was part of a car collection in Canada. It was then sold to a Ford dealer in Carthage, NY, who then transitioned the speedo and necessary bits to US standards.
I purchased the car with 2900 miles and it has been flawless for the remaining 4000 miles I put on it.
Everything is original, and there are no mods save what has been done to Americanizeit for US DOT standards and rear window tint.
There were 3 other builds with the Torsen rear end, cover and mats, so it is truly a pretty rare order combo. Car has never seen salt roads or snow and has only been briefly caught in the rain on a drive home once.
Both keys are present (silver and red track key). Original rubber in place,hence the “obo” on the price.
The standard Boss seats are comfy and this is has been an absolutely great car... I just can’t simply accommodate 3 Mustangs at our new home and this one has to go prior to the move.

Optioned with Torsen rear end, cover and mats (1 of 4 2012 Boss 302s).

Competition Orange

6909 miles

“Like New”, close to showroom perfect

Comes with both keys, car cover, Boss owner’s kit, and original window sticker

Private party sale (843-300-5700, or [email protected])

1ZVBP8CU8C5257932

$33,500, obo

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

0EE43839-30DD-492F-9558-CDC902AD3D12.jpeg

9F0F532E-49AA-4BD9-ABAF-388BCC6C52A1.jpeg

A6A3C49F-8CF7-4422-BCD1-0C54F8CF7923.jpeg

FE050E50-C0F8-4FB9-A34F-3B258DF04373.jpeg

885207AD-C129-40DA-A570-40433BF7A92D.jpeg

C030825C-0C7E-4D1C-AB40-7955B13AF88E.jpeg

05DF792A-0E85-4CFE-9427-3725D112F448.jpeg

AED2B2AF-A586-4F27-BF85-DAA7C9FBEBE0.jpeg

3EB5B6DC-9B25-4C59-91D9-EA1CE6C41B24.jpeg

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Since this is your first post and folks do not know you , would suggest a bit more info that buyer's ,may be wondering? It is nice you have the original window sticker, the owner's box/packet, but noticed this is a Canadian Car and therefore an extended service contract could not be acquired. With the boatload of Comp Oranges, I would doubt it is 1 of 1, but the key to full disclosure this car merits mention it was a Canadian sale. When you say you have both keys, are we to assume you have the regular key and a track key ( likely so, but worth asking ). Lastly is the vehicle still on the original tires , because on a Track Oriented site you will find most owners are very savvy on rubber and 8-9 year old Pirellis are due for replacement, regardless of tread depth , imho.

Looks great, popular color, miles are gond, and for a bigger guy the stock seat work really well.

Thanks for the insight. I have spoken with a Boss guru, as I used to have PP008 2013 GHIG Boss 302, and we both cant account for any other cars with this option package in the entire 2012 Boss production records. If someone else has that combo it would be nice to see as the Torsen was part of the Recaro package and not a standalone option.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The best chance it is one of one has alot to do with the Canadian sale. Always interesting , to me , to find there were Dodges, Chevys, and Fords that were only sold certain ways in Canada. They did not always match the US models and with so many fewer being done, it was not unusual for some options to shift for lower production numbers. Who knows, but that actually lends some credibility to that and it could be a possiblity.

The best chance it is one of one has alot to do with the Canadian sale. Always interesting , to me , to find there were Dodges, Chevys, and Fords that were only sold certain ways in Canada. They did not always match the US models and with so many fewer being done, it was not unusual for some options to shift for lower production numbers. Who knows, but that actually lends some credibility to that and it could be a possiblity.
Copy.

A friend is probably the most knowledgeable fella on earth about Boss cars, having owned PP0001, PP0002 and PP0005 from 2012 and 2013 model years. He has 9 years of research on these cars and is probably one of the most knowledgeable GT350 guys out there and also having a 2015TP, a 2017 R and a heritage model on the way.If he says he hasn’t seen that in all the production records he has, I believe him.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
This is what I have on the Canadian cars. Not sure how accurate it is but it's been used for years. It shows two cars with Torsen only option in Comp Orange. BTW, the car looks immaculate and extremely well cared for. GLWS.2012 Boss 302 Production Breakdown - Canada  Final Not Audited.jpg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Fun to find odd cars like these as often it comes down to little things ( glitch in the computer ordering system, missing part for final builds, etc. ). I seem to remember us having a red Boss with the Torsen and the wider seats back in 2012. Didn't think much of it at the time but it could be another interesting build. Thanks to Tymeslayer for posting this , really solid data and beneficial.

Now, having the only Silver LS built for Canada ( true one of one ) , that is rare and highly desirable for someone in the Provinces!!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Yeah, missed the mats and cover on the sticker. Shows how TMS has sharper eyes than me. I also see "Tape Stripe Delete" but not sure what that really means. I mean the car obviously has it's stripes.

Yeah, missed the mats and cover on the sticker. Shows how TMS has sharper eyes than me. I also see "Tape Stripe Delete" but not sure what that really means. I mean the car obviously has it's stripes.
I think the tape stripe delete is the twin stripes like on the 350 that cane on Mustangs then. I could be wrong though.
Thank you guys for the insight.

My friend owns it. We chased it for a couple years. I’d like to know how your neighbor got it and why he sold it. Trying to close the loop on the trail of ownship.
Well, I had quite the neighbors. I had another neighbor who owned 3 pilot production B302s, including the first PP LS, and he turned us onto the rare B302s.
He found this 1 of 1 car and convinced my other neighbor to purchase it where he returned the car to original specs (had FP wheels and other minor add-ons). He kept it for 1-2 years and then needed to loosen up some funds for an airplane and the car then went to the auction block. Ever who got it, your friend I guess, got a steal on an awesomely rare car.

We got it from a car dealer in St.Louis who bought it at a Mecum Auction in Kissmee, FL. I believe is was in early 2018, could be 2017, can’t remember at the moment. We brought it to the 50 Years of Boss 302 at the Ford Nationals last year and it won a Celebrity Pick and the celebrity who choose it was Donald Farr.

We got it from a car dealer in St.Louis who bought it at a Mecum Auction in Kissmee, FL. I believe is was in early 2018, could be 2017, can’t remember at the moment. We brought it to the 50 Years of Boss 302 at the Ford Nationals last year and it won a Celebrity Pick and the celebrity who choose it was Donald Farr.
He picked the right car. That YBT with white is sensationally beautiful.

Let me check with my neighbor who got all the leads on it and see if he’s willing to chat with you about it. He is theMustang guru and currently has two 350R’s and a heritage edition R on the way.

That car sat next to a 2005 Porsche 911 Turbo that had only 1200 miles for the longest time. It was amazing to see those two special cars side-by-side in the same garage.

That would be great. My friend is a Mustang collector and has 9 of them. He has the only Orange and White 1 optioned in Canada as well. He also had the Silver LS one, but sold it because it had to many miles. I have a 13 Boss and a19 PP2 and a 95 with a Super charger for fun drives. Keep me posted. Thanks.

TMO Supporting Vendors