The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 vs 2013

Which one do you like better?

• 2012 Boss 302

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • 2013 Boss 302

Votes: 35 31.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98RedGT

2012 #552
With all the talk about 2012 and 2013, how about a simple poll to see where we stand? This includes regular and ls editions.

I would take either but I voted 2012 or course. ;) My favorite color combo for 2012 is the Black LS and for 2013 the SBY with the reflective grey stripes. I don't really like SBY but that combo looks hot.

i like the 13 a little more. it comes with hid projector headlamp which i really like. i think looks a little more aggressive. but then again, after the 13 comes out the 14 is right around the corner... just enjoy what you got.

im still pissed that 12 doesn't come with hid :mad:. i threw a set of 8000k hid in the halogen housing, it looks ok but projector would be so much better.

No question the 012.....no sync....no creature comforts.....more a pure drivers care.....If a radio was optional I would of bought mine without it.....dont listen to mine anyways, think I have turned it on once.....dont like the Shelby front....hate the cheap aftermarket look of the tail lights.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
cf6mech said:
No question the 012.....no sync....no creature comforts.....more a pure drivers care.....If a radio was optional I would of bought mine without it.....dont listen to mine anyways, think I have turned it on once.....dont like the Shelby front....hate the cheap aftermarket look of the tail lights.

I agree with cf6mech on all counts - he nailed. it. I am also a fan of analog gauges, although I do wish we had a little more info available via an LCD screen. I like my old Audi implementations on that note alone. Also no a big fan of heads up displays, at least not yet. For me, the less gimmicks the better. I'd rather they soak every dollar into the drivetrain/brakes/suspension.

I dont like the leave catchers on the 2013 on the hood they just look cheap to me I am sure the 2013 will be just as nice as the 2012 but as for the radio everyone complains about it is simple to just upgrade the 2012.

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
MrGT5oh said:
2012 LS

but I'm bias.

Ditto!

ihatepotholess said:
i like the 13 a little more. it comes with hid projector headlamp which i really like. i think looks a little more aggressive. but then again, after the 13 comes out the 14 is right around the corner... just enjoy what you got.

im still pissed that 12 doesn't come with hid :mad:. i threw a set of 8000k hid in the halogen housing, it looks ok but projector would be so much better.

I'm planning on upgrading to HID projector headlamps. This looks like a pretty slick setup.

http://www.stangmods.com/Black-Projector-Lamps-w-HID-Kit-for-10-12-p/01614.htm
http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-headlights.html]http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-headlights.html]http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-headlights.html

Wow, I like the 2012 but thought the 2013 would get the nod. I also like the 69 over the 70 so what do I know.

2012 in Comp Orange - and that is from someone that owned 2 - 70's and liked them better over the 69.

I like the 13 reflective stripes - don't care for the hood, LED around taillights, small hood center stripe (that doesn't tie into the side stripes), sync and display (although do like some of the info you get from the display). Motor and suspension will be awesome just like the 12.

MNG_BOSS302 said:
I like the 13 reflective stripes - don't care for the hood, LED around taillights, small hood center stripe (that doesn't tie into the side stripes), sync and display (although do like some of the info you get from the display).
The LS has the minimal hood stripes while the Boss has the complete hood stripe kit. This mimmicks the original 1970 street Boss and the race car PJ drove.

jeepinocala said:
I dont like the leave catchers on the 2013 on the hood they just look cheap to me I am sure the 2013 will be just as nice as the 2012 but as for the radio everyone complains about it is simple to just upgrade the 2012.

They are supposed to help with cooling.

Tony Alonso said:
jeepinocala said:

They are supposed to help with cooling.
Yeah I just think I would rather do the cooling another way I just picture going places with trees and leaves just getting in there.

cf6mech said:
No question the 012.....no sync....no creature comforts.....more a pure drivers care.....If a radio was optional I would of bought mine without it.....dont listen to mine anyways, think I have turned it on once.....dont like the Shelby front...

Ditto

BossLS said:
Wow, I like the 2012 but thought the 2013 would get the nod. I also like the 69 over the 70 so what do I know.
Since most members on the site currently have '12s, it's not surprising ;) You can't go wrong with either car and it really comes down to personal preferences. The go fast goodies are virtually the same for both cars. Once my Tiger hood goes on this week, I'll have the only thing I'd want in the '13 anyway. Plus I don't want to start over after just getting the roll bar installed lol.

So much for the 2013 having more creature comforts. After reading the new order guide the only creature comfort I could find is SYNC and HID's. No NAV or Shaker stereo is offered. So the only real changes are the cosmetic exterior stuff and the new gauge pack plus the two I mentioned. Not a big deal in my book.

Edit: I forgot the footrest or dead pedal. Now I want a 2013. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel