The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Yellow Blaze/White Boss for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw a post where the 1 and only Yellow Blaze/White 2012 Boss is for sale;
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/mustang/1839467.html
I believe it is on it's second owner at this point, but may have missed an owner since it left Canada.
No starting price that I can see.

I remember seeing one on here. Wonder if it's the same one or a different one. Will be a rare car.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

According to the 2012 Boss Production run there was one yellow blaze with white stripes produced. The customer ordered it that way and the dealer submitted the order to the factory without realizing that wasn't a viable option. The factory, not knowing any better, made the car to the order received. That's how that one of one was born. The ad does say there's documentation concerning the error. Admittedly anyone could change stripes on a Boss but this one seems legit.

It's legit. There are photos of it posted on TMO somewhere.

I suspect anyone interested in this at the Mecum Auction would want to verify it is #0049 and the VIN is correct (would be good info to include). Not sure the premium the 1/1 YB w/White would command over other ones. I don't think I would spend anything over the going rate for a DD 12 Boss. But if this is someone's dream car, or they just like rare occurrence cars - have at it.

I was to believe that only in Canada you had the option of white or black stripes. find it hard to see that this mistake made it all the way from being ordered to production since everything is bar coded on the assembly line as its built for QC.
It is one of one. Even if its not a TRUE Mistake.
Only draw back is that's a Boss you can never modify for any improvments. It will be a show car its entire life.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Which means it's a great second Boss to own!

By the by, it surely will command much more than any DD Boss. Maybe even more than my $71K modified version :-\

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
superhero said:
I was to believe that only in Canada you had the option of white or black stripes. find it hard to see that this mistake made it all the way from being ordered to production since everything is bar coded on the assembly line as its built for QC.
It is one of one. Even if its not a TRUE Mistake.
Only draw back is that's a Boss you can never modify for any improvments. It will be a show car its entire life.

SwissBoss:

You are correct, this was not a mistake. In 2011 Ford issues two separate 2012 Mustang Order Guides, 1 US spec, and 1 Canadian spec.

The Canadian Spec 2012 Mustang Order Guide did list Yellow Blaze with both White and/or Black color stripe options.

As it turned out, only 1 order for a 500A YB / White Stripe color combo was ordered by the Canadian Ford Dealer body. IIRC, it should be documented in the Boss 302 Registry.

Thanks for jogging my memory on this,
All the Best,
302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro said:
SwissBoss:

You are correct, this was not a mistake. In 2011 Ford issues two separate 2012 Mustang Order Guides, 1 US spec, and 1 Canadian spec.

The Canadian Spec 2012 Mustang Order Guide did list Yellow Blaze with both White and/or Black color stripe options.

As it turned out, only 1 order for a 500A YB / White Stripe color combo was ordered by the Canadian Ford Dealer body. IIRC, it should be documented in the Boss 302 Registry.

Thanks for jogging my memory on this,
All the Best,
302 Hi Pro

I thought that it was an option in Canada for white stripes. So much for the seller having doc. as being a mistake.
That should knock about $$,$$$ off the price. It is rare being the only YB with white stripes but not a mistake.
the only mistake known is that Swiss Boss didn't post this....Lol
I still like my YB with Black better and can drive it when ever I feel like it without the worry of being 1 of 1.
Very curious to see if the seller stills stands behind the Boss as being a mistake. If so that will be the only mistake to the buyer.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have read several posts and a few articles on this car. Yes, this was a mistake. Owner ordered the combination and Ford initially approved the combo. System was updated to block the option soon after, since the color combo was never intended.

Ford did make a mistake by allowing a color combination not provided for in the catalog.

Car is a one off which can be attribiputed to a mistake.

I like the combo. I like the story. Both garage and budget are full of concerning 2012 Boss. Oh well

This is what the first owner said on another forum a while back:

My Boss now has approx. 10,000 km (or about 6,000 mi) on it. I took delivery of it on Apr 2/11. It was a very early production Boss - #0049. It was actually a confirmed Ford production error that caused the production line to stop because it was not an acceptable color combination! Ford allowed it to go through because it was too late to stop it but absolutely no others like it would be produced.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Well, one thing we know for sure is the owners statement of "this mistake stopped the production line" is not a true statement.

If we know anything about Ford's Flat Rock production facility, it is that all special edition mustangs are finished in a separate facility called the "Mod Shop". It's not a production line facility, more of a traditional shop that installs stripe kits, accessories, special wheel tire combo, etc.

I'll have to find the Canadian Spec 2012 Ford Mustang Order Guide that does list YB with availability of stripe kits 3 & 4, (black & white).

Who knows for sure about Ford's internal 2012 Mustang production Change Orders?

Maybe Donald Farr?

It is fun to read all of the various stories about this 1 of 1 2012 Boss 302 Mustang.

Have fun with it,
302 Hi Pro

Where do they paint the roof? My guess is prior to going down the road for stripes. Could the line have been stopped at that point?

TMO Supporting Vendors