The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Aftermarket??????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
JeffIsHereToo said:
boss2511 said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
boss2511 said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
boss2511 said:
CAI is just for bling......only if it is a no tune required....a big steeda CAI will make power with a tune vs just a tune alone.

In their perfect cold air tests I'm sure it did, real world on a hot track after a few laps, I'm not so sure those numbers hold up.

IMHO!
well in drag racing and in the world I live in they give me constant extra hp on every other mustang I have ever owned. and I have lots of friends with 11-12' mustang GTs that also have gained real world hp and have the time slips to prove it. the steeda box nearly seals it self off from the engine bay and still has air pushed into it from behind the grille.

I had their CAI in my 07 so I'll trust your opinion that they've improved it then!

Good luck!
Just read the 2013 cobra jet break down and low and behold running a bigger Maf did increase HP. Which all CAI that require a tune do increase MAF size. And they too on the Cobra jet run the same style cone filter with a block off as almost all other CAI on the market. and all other CJ's in the past run similar style CAI make big power. So I find it offense for you to say there is no merit in a well engineered CAI will make power even in a racing environment as you have no proof other than old hear say from CAI intakes of old or some "engineer" that you know that had nothing to do with the design of the intake of the new mustangs. which in turn steers new mustang owners away from the truth. that a well designed kit like a steeda kit does indeed make power in all conditions (they race cars more than you do and have direct info from ford)

So in summation stop being in the mind set of my old people that CAI are just BS cause while some are like on ebay specials, companys like steeda and c&l have done their homework and put there cars on the track where it counts and would not put there name on something that makes no power.

Huh? What did I say to get this? I simply said that I had their CAI on my 07 (didn't seal at all and was not even close) and that I trusted your judgement that the ones offered now are better. Then I wished you good luck with your mods!

So..what was wrong with that?
Sorry just tends to be a sore spot with me. I took it in the wrong tone if that makes sense. Like it was sarcastic.

The new 13's with the LCD display does it bring up IAT? it would be easy to tell if the CAI is pulling in more hot air if it did. But most of the gain comes for the larger inlet and smoother air flow

boss2511 said:
Sorry just tends to be a sore spot with me. I took it in the wrong tone if that makes sense. Like it was sarcastic.

The new 13's with the LCD display does it bring up IAT? it would be easy to tell if the CAI is pulling in more hot air if it did. But most of the gain comes for the larger inlet and smoother air flow

No worries.

Yes it does:

• Air-to-fuel ratio
    Cylinder head temperature
    Inlet air temperature
    Oil temperature
    Transmission temperature

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
JeffIsHereToo said:
boss2511 said:

No worries.

Yes it does:

• Air-to-fuel ratio
    Cylinder head temperature
    Inlet air temperature
    Oil temperature
    Transmission temperature
I am sure it wont be long till its up on a forum I would like to see for myself as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors