The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 and up abs pump in a coyote swapped 2006

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Ontario Canada
Has anyone swapped in a 2013+ abs pump in an 2005-2009?

My 2006 is coyote swapped and I can get a 2013 abs pump for cheap with the harness.

I'm planning on doing this for two reasons:

1. To allow a scan tool to communicate with the abs module. After my swap I just have a network error code for abs. Abs does work but the scan tool can't see it and the coyote pcm can't communicate with it.

2. Traction control. With 406rwhp, r compound tires, any kind of wet weather gets hairy and it would be nice to have it in inclement weather.

It looks like the lines bolt up just the same, and all I'd need to do is repin the abs module connector. No biggie.

Anyone tried this yet?

There is a thread out there for this. From the thread, I gathered that the 11-14 ABS can be installed stand-alone. You will need the restraints control module (RCM) since it has the yaw sensor. Hopefully the person who created the thread sees this and chimes in.

Here we go, it was @Tri-bar

If you do the swap, please chronicle it and post any learnings/tips/pointers for the community.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Ontario Canada
Here we go, it was @Tri-bar

If you do the swap, please chronicle it and post any learnings/tips/pointers for the community.
I didn't realize that the abs module got its yaw input from the RCM. Obviously if I installed the 2014 abs module without yaw inputs, there'll be an advancetrac fault, which will disable traction and stability control, completely defeating the purpose of the swap.

Ok so I looked at the RCM pinouts for 2006 and 2014s. It looks like the connectors are identical and just need to be repinned for the 2014 RCM. It looks like adding a 2014 RCM to a 2005-2009 is a pretty simple task.

Adding the 2014 abs module seems fairly straightforward too. All I will need to do is repin the my existing abs connector to my 2006s harness and add in the RCM data lines.

Considering I'm adding all this stuff, maybe I'll put in a 2014 cluster too. I've been hesitant to swap in a 2014 cluster since it would probably have been lit up like a Christmas tree due to all the lost communication faults.

There's a guy on YouTube who put a 14 cluster in an 05, it fits in nicely, but it's lit up with error messages.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Houston, TX
I didn't realize that the abs module got its yaw input from the RCM. Obviously if I installed the 2014 abs module without yaw inputs, there'll be an advancetrac fault, which will disable traction and stability control, completely defeating the purpose of the swap.

Ok so I looked at the RCM pinouts for 2006 and 2014s. It looks like the connectors are identical and just need to be repinned for the 2014 RCM. It looks like adding a 2014 RCM to a 2005-2009 is a pretty simple task.

Adding the 2014 abs module seems fairly straightforward too. All I will need to do is repin the my existing abs connector to my 2006s harness and add in the RCM data lines.

Considering I'm adding all this stuff, maybe I'll put in a 2014 cluster too. I've been hesitant to swap in a 2014 cluster since it would probably have been lit up like a Christmas tree due to all the lost communication faults.

There's a guy on YouTube who put a 14 cluster in an 05, it fits in nicely, but it's lit up with error messages.
Were you able to get the ABS and RCM to work on your s197?

TMO Supporting Vendors