The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302...4.2 LCD Display?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
Is anyone knowledgeable enough to determine if the new dash display incorporates digital gauges....Water Temp, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Voltage?

would think a retro fit would be hugely expensive. entire cluster with computer to run it.

Yeah I'm sure it would be, but given all the data it can provide plus OEM look, I'm sure some people would do it. Depending on the price, I would consider it. I hate the blank space in the dash. It looks like something was supposed to be there, they should have at least given us the GT gauges.

Jeff said:
I thought the same. there should have been 4 gauges there.
I agree.

Like Pete and many others I just installed the Aeroforce gauge in my car. It looks very OEM thanks to the Roush gauge pod. The new track apps sound cool but really how much will you use them? All I have time to look at on the track is my tach and temp gauge. Pete, how often do you use your LS center gauge???

P1030010.jpg

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Never nor have I ever figured I'd actually how to use all of the capabilities. I should've map of the aero force gauge in there !

The dusty drag strip we use doesn't have timing. Other than oil pressure and temp, and maybe a more accurate water temp, that is all I would want out of it. But a driftbox is probably cheaper. I just don't like the blank where there should be gauges.

The biggest issue with a retro is getting the senders in there. I'm envious of the 2013s for this reason only. Not the end of the world, but now I have to add senders and wiring to get oil temp and pressure. It's still a work in progress because my 5v regulator is putting out 11v. I have a new regulator coming next week to hopefully fix it.

I personally wouldn't use the "performance gauges" like 0-60, 1/4 mile etc. and they too are available on my Aeroforce gauge.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I would think that most of the sensors are there in place already as the computer monitors a lot. should have the IAT, cylinder head temp, a/f, oil pressure, etc. as for the 0-60 and 1/4 mile type things that might not work but I am no expert on the new 5.0 computers. the areo force gauges read from the OBDII port so what they can display now is already there.

boss2511 said:
I would think that most of the sensors are there in place already as the computer monitors a lot. should have the IAT, cylinder head temp, a/f, oil pressure, etc. as for the 0-60 and 1/4 mile type things that might not work but I am no expert on the new 5.0 computers. the areo force gauges read from the OBDII port so what they can display now is already there.
I have the Aeroforce gauge. There are no senders for oil pressure, oil temp or true water temp. CHT is displayed as ECT. A/F is available for both bank one and two and so is IAT. If you want oil temp or pressure, you have to add senders......

I was looking at Traqmates and I was thinking I could almost justify it if I swap it between my cars ;D It says it has analog and digital inputs available, so probably can wire in the senders for things like oil pressure/temp. I like the design of the unit, and I could probably figure out a way to mount it in the middle of the dash where the gauges are missing, so I will be able to actually see its tach. Price is pretty high for what you get though.

TMO Supporting Vendors