The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 + Borla S-Type Axlebacks install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2013 Boss 302 + Borla S-Type Axlebacks install

Just made the switch, minimal install issues, went fine.

First impressions:
•Look and fitment as good as can be
•Sound different than stock but subtle
•Pricey
•Pricey
After running a day with these I question whether the change was really worth the cost. I run open side exhaust as it is and that was a noticeable change with the stock mufflers. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike the Borlas but if I knew how the subtle the change would be I'm questioning whether I would do it again.

Interesting comment. I would have to agree on not being worth the $

Looking at the prices for what is basically 2 mufflers with tips and a short inlet pipes I think all of the "axle back" are really way over priced.

The last complete system I got for a Fox body (H pipe with cats, cat back to tail pipes in 2&1/2" in stainless) cost about the same , but your getting a lot more material!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Just a guess...with the sidepipes, small changes at the AB may not amount to much. It may also reduce the sound from the side pipes.

My GT has Boss side pipes and GT500 AB and it sounds way different than my Boss. Both have 3/4" discs.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel