The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Vito said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Baker, when you placed your order has no relevance as to when you'll get your VIN. If the dealer you ordered from has a 4th quarter build allocation you won't get your VIN until next Fall. Ask jmbboss for help since he works for Ford and has offered to help in another thread. You'll need your dealer and order number for him to check.
next fall?
That's just an example.

5 DOT 0 said:
Big Vito said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Baker, when you placed your order has no relevance as to when you'll get your VIN. If the dealer you ordered from has a 4th quarter build allocation you won't get your VIN until next Fall. Ask jmbboss for help since he works for Ford and has offered to help in another thread. You'll need your dealer and order number for him to check.
next fall?
That's just an example.
Understood

Hi Guys,

Regarding this order confusion and some of our questions including mine about acquiring more information:

My dealer has three allocated: 1 LS and 2 Bosses. My order is for the the first allocation. The second regular Boss was sold to a friend of mine this past Monday. He was told he will not get it until August.

Regarding Mr. or Mrs. BossAZ and the claim that a VIN and build date has been issued for that order; both the Ford Regional VP for Orders and Ford Customer Service informs me no VINs have been issued yet. Period. If a VIN has been issued, they would like to know that number because, in thier words, "It cannot be correct". Job 1 is now scheduled for Mid-March. Job 1 is for fleet vehicles first.

This being said, the lady at Ford Customer service barely knew what a Mustang was let alone a Boss. But i would trust the Regional VP. Interestingly enough however, their stories corroborate.

If anyone can provide definitive proof otherwise, I would enjoy being proved wrong because that would mean we all get our toys faster!

I have both a DORA and a dealer order confirmation with pricing. My vehicle is a priority 1 and is currently in material hold. In other words, i appreciate the caution some have as to the validity of some orders but I have every confidence my car is in the cue.

I wonder why with all the marketing wonderment, why the communications process for car orders is not easier to follow or keep track of for buyers.

If Ford is listening...we buyers (and some dealers) would appreciate a simpler tracking process and clearer communications around vehicle orders. Thanks!

Interesting
BBaker said:
Hi Guys,

Regarding this order confusion and some of our questions including mine about acquiring more information:

My dealer has three allocated: 1 LS and 2 Bosses. My order is for the the first allocation. The second regular Boss was sold to a friend of mine this past Monday. He was told he will not get it until August.

Regarding Mr. or Mrs. BossAZ and the claim that a VIN and build date has been issued for that order; both the Ford Regional VP for Orders and Ford Customer Service informs me no VINs have been issued yet. Period. If a VIN has been issued, they would like to know that number because, in thier words, "It cannot be correct". Job 1 is now scheduled for Mid-March. Job 1 is for fleet vehicles first.

This being said, the lady at Ford Customer service barely knew what a Mustang was let alone a Boss. But i would trust the Regional VP. Interestingly enough however, their stories corroborate.

If anyone can provide definitive proof otherwise, I would enjoy being proved wrong because that would mean we all get our toys faster!

I have both a DORA and a dealer order confirmation with pricing. My vehicle is a priority 1 and is currently in material hold. In other words, i appreciate the caution some have as to the validity of some orders but I have every confidence my car is in the cue.

I wonder why with all the marketing wonderment, why the communications process for car orders is not easier to follow or keep track of for buyers.

If Ford is listening...we buyers (and some dealers) would appreciate a simpler tracking process and clearer communications around vehicle orders. Thanks!

Look at the "Topic: 2013 Boss 302 (non-laguna) Race Red". He has a VIN, 1ZVBP8CU8D5200759, and it has a scheduled build date of Feb 27, 2012, as of Feb 10, 2012. I just looked at the order. It has a rotation number assigned to it for the day it will be built. It's a dealer stock order with a priority code: 1.

Look at the VIN, ...00759, a low number. Lower numbers can/do get built on later dates, because the cars do not get built in consecutive order based on the VIN, but this car will be one of the first 2013 Boss's made.

Where did you go to see the order?
jmbboss302 said:
Look at the "Topic: 2013 Boss 302 (non-laguna) Race Red". He has a VIN, 1ZVBP8CU8D5200759, and it has a scheduled build date of Feb 27, 2012, as of Feb 10, 2012. I just looked at the order. It has a rotation number assigned to it for the day it will be built. It's a dealer stock order with a priority code: 1.

Look at the VIN, ...00759, a low number. Lower numbers can/do get built on later dates, because the cars do not get built in consecutive order based on the VIN, but this car will be one of the first 2013 Boss's made.

I just got a call from my dealer and my Grabber Blue Boss has VIN #1ZVBP8CU1D5206564
The dealer is Walnut Creek Ford in California and I think their dealer id # is 7022.
I called Ford and the VIN is in their system.

Paul

Big Vito said:
jmbboss302 said:

I work for Ford, and I have the ability to track vehicles in the system.

2013boss302 said:
I just got a call from my dealer and my Grabber Blue Boss has VIN #1ZVBP8CU1D5206564
The dealer is Walnut Creek Ford in California and I think their dealer id # is 7022.

Paul

Yes, as of Feb 11th, your car is scheduled to be built on March 12th.

2013boss302 said:

Walnut Creek got a very low number car last year built on day two of production. VIN numbers mean nothing but in general your car will be numbered around the 200's going by last year's production.

great to hear :)

Now only if you could see allocations
jmbboss302 said:
Big Vito said:
jmbboss302 said:

I work for Ford, and I have the ability to track vehicles in the system.

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
Hey Baker,

I don't know who you are but before you publicly accuse someone of making a false claim I very strongly suggest you get your facts straight!!!! I was unaware of the build process as of 2/9/12, so If I can research this topic in as little as a few days and post FACTUAL statements and that I currently have a SCHEDULED BUILD DATE and COMPLETE AND NOT A PARTIAL VIN that is the case. I only posted my information to help anyone on this site for reference not to get into a pissing match.

BBaker said:
Hi Guys,

Can you get back to the "Ford Regional VP For Orders"? (I cannot believe this is a VP-level responsibility but will accept that) OR, if it was some sort of a general communication can you get a copy to us? or some other reference with date etc?

I am in Canada and have a complete vin number and a build date of Feb 27th for a GB Boss 302. Does anyone know if that means it will be built that day or that week? How many cars will be built in that day/week? Any info is greatly appreciated.

kato64 said:
I am in Canada and have a complete vin number (1ZVBP8CU6D5200159) and a build date of Feb 27th for a GB Boss 302. Does anyone know if that means it will be built that day or that week? How many cars will be built in that day/week? Any info is greatly appreciated.

As of 10:07 EST this morning, your car is "scheduled to day (Feb 27 2012)". Normally that means your car with be completed on the 27th. It will probably start in the bodyshop on the 23rd, and go through the paint shop on the 24th. Trim should be the 27th and then out the door. Your ETA for delivery is March 21, 2012.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel