The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Any idea what is my ETA for VIN #1ZVBP8CU1D5206564?

How long does it take to build the car? how many cars are built per day?

From reading the thread, it looks like order date has no bearing on when I can expect a build date or VIN. I was told by my dealership I'm in their first allocation. Anyone have any ideas when I might be able to expect a build date?

2013boss302 said:

Your car is "scheduled to day (Mar 12 2012) as of Feb 18th. ETA is March 24. It typically takes 3 days to build. I don't know the amount of cars built per day, but I do know they also build Mazda 6's on the same line.

1DAAT said:
From reading the thread, it looks like order date has no bearing on when I can expect a build date or VIN. I was told by my dealership I'm in their first allocation. Anyone have any ideas when I might be able to expect a build date?

It depends on when their allocation is. They get assigned cars by quarter, and they already know what quarter theirs are. If they deny knowing, they are just lying. They are informed of the quarter at the same time as the allocation. At least that is what every source of info I have seen has stated.

Ask them what quarter their allocation is, and confirm you are in the first one they have. Some dealers didn't get any, some got one, some got a bunch so it is even possible they didn't get an allocation and are trying to get off another dealership. There were a couple out here that did not get an allocation but were still taking orders.

427mustang

68fb42769scj88drag car2012BossYB838 LS 760 SILVER
PRODUCTION FOR THE 2013 BOSS 302 WILL NOT START UNTILL APRIL! GARY ( FROM FORD PERFORMANCE GROUP)

So it looks like the first 2013's will be going to.... (by my wild-a$$-guess)

0001, 0002, 0006 - Alberta
0003, 0004 - North Carolina
0005 - Arkansas

This is still very speculative, we won't know for sure for several weeks.

Bossfan said:
There sure seems to be a lot of random advice/information on this website. hard to follow. PTROCKS seems to be knowledgeable however. Too much impatience for info that does not yet exist.
Other than the comment about production starting in April, which I don't think is correct, most of the information looks spot on to me. The issueance of VIN's and build dates is from Ford and very few know the actual allocation across the whole Country and build year.

Bossfan said:
There sure seems to be a lot of random advice/information on this website.

Too much impatience for info that does not yet exist.
Been there. :)

jmbboss302 has good info - and is being very nice in helping some folks out. Be sure to say thanks, as not many people have been that helpful, Deysha aside.

jmbboss302 said:
2013boss302 said:

Your car is "scheduled to day (Mar 12 2012) as of Feb 18th. ETA is March 24. It typically takes 3 days to build. I don't know the amount of cars built per day, but I do know they also build Mazda 6's on the same line.

jmbboss302 thank you for posting the information.

Paul

PTRocks said:
So it looks like the first 2013's will be going to....

0005 - Arkansas

I have to ask because I am one of the people waiting in Alberta. How did you come to this conclusion?

jmbboss302 said:
kato64 said:
I am in Canada and have a complete vin number and a build date of Feb 27th for a GB Boss 302. Does anyone know if that means it will be built that day or that week? How many cars will be built in that day/week? Any info is greatly appreciated.

As of 10:07 EST this morning, your car is "scheduled to day (Feb 27 2012)". Normally that means your car with be completed on the 27th. It will probably start in the bodyshop on the 23rd, and go through the paint shop on the 24th. Trim should be the 27th and then out the door. Your ETA for delivery is March 21, 2012.

Thank you jmbboss302 for the quick response. I apologize for my tardiness in thanking you. I do appreciate it.

PTRocks said:
So it looks like the first 2013's will be going to....

0005 - Arkansas

Are the people who have gotten VINs in these areas?

I am one of the people with a VIN and build date of Feb. 27th and live in Alberta. I just downloaded a pdf of my window sticker from http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Insert you VIN for the X's.
There is no way I know of to get the build number off of the window sticker but I am very excited that it looks like it will be one of the first 2013 Boss 302.
I would really like to know how reliable the info is about where #0001 is going.

Hi Kato,

I agree and think you have a very good chance at number 1. I have same build week as you but no sticker yet. Good luck!

I just spoke with my dealer and inquired as to the ETA date and he told me that the car is built on the line then it goes somwhere else to get finished as a BOSS.

Is this in fact how it happens or do they roll off the line and they are done?

Thanks

Paul

askjeffro said:
Hi Kato,

I agree and think you have a very good chance at number 1. I have same build week as you but no sticker yet. Good luck!

Thanks, but I have to think that would be just too lucky.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel