The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
Hello Boss Fans,

Can anyone on the site describe the sequence from order to delivery for the 2013 Boss? Have a VIN for mine but no further details from the dealer ( Build Schedule, Window Sticker etc.)

Thanks

BLAZN BOSS

Re: 2013 Boss 302 Build Schedule

WOW......do my best to remember. Once I got my VIN I called Ford and they told me what day the car would be built, then when it would be ready for transport. I believe then they told me when it was put on the train, after that the train company has a phone number that you enter the VIN and it tells you where the train is and what its destination is by a certain date and time........took a couple days for mine to get out of OHIO........but after that got to Virgina quick........it arrived when they said it would, a sunday............monday morning my dealer called and said it was there to pick up.....It was last august, but im pretty sure thats what happened........built on aug 2 and was mine on aug 22nd.

Seems like in today's world with the technology we have access to if I can track a $12 package through UPS why can't we track a $40K car through build and delivery? Everything has bar code labels on it now.

Welcome to BMO. It goes like this:

Receive your VIN
Receive your build date within a week of VIN (or do I have that backwards?)
Seven days prior to build date your window sticker appears and you can download it online
Car starts production
Car finished production a few days later
Car sits at Area 51 (aka ramp 51 or the black hole) for one to four weeks or longer if you're really unlucky
Car ships and a rail car # is assigned
Track car using rail car number via phone system
Car arrives at destination rail yard
Car sits at rail yard up to several days until it's loaded on car transport
Car arrives at dealer
Take delivery of car and check rev limiter and TC as you leave the lot ;D

BLAZN BOSS

My dealer was about a week behind.....They get updates thru their "system" updated on thursdays. I called every three days to Ford..........then once it hit the train about every four hours.......somewhere I have the paper i used to write on, where I'd scribble the location of the train, its departures, and est arrivals. LOL......I'd wake in the middle of the night to get updates. The dealer just doesnt have the info soon enough.........at least it was that way with my car..........I was telling him more than he knew. I was more worried in the beginning cause my car was near the cut off when they stopped building yellow blaze Boss's. The ford contact was able to tell me what day the car was scheduled to be in the body shop to be painted and what color and when it would be on the assy line.

BLAZN BOSS

5 DOT 0 said:

Receive your VIN
Seven days prior to build date your window sticker appears and you can download it online
Car starts production
Car sits at Area 51 (aka ramp 51 or the black hole) for one to four weeks or longer if you're really unlucky
Car arrives at dealer

I was very lucky with my car.....20 days from start to delivery.

shuvl70 said:
Hello Boss Fans,

Can anyone on the site describe the sequence from order to delivery for the 2013 Boss? Have a VIN for mine but no further details from the dealer ( Build Schedule, Window Sticker etc.)

Thanks

1) WHEN did you order the car?
2) Is it a COMPLETE VIN #? Not just the partial VIN on the initial DORA?

5 DOT 0 said:

Receive your VIN
Car starts production
Car arrives at dealer

Are ALL cars shipped via rail? i. e. for instance, Michigan/Ohio residents.

shuvl70 said:
Hello Boss Fans,

Thanks

Good morning all. It sure would be nice if Ford had a "factory p/up option" so we could fly in, get the car and drive it back home. Double your pleasure and break in the engine at the same time; all 1156 mi from Flatrock to Orlando, FL :)

Bossfan said:
5 DOT 0 said:

Are ALL cars shipped via rail? i. e. for instance, Michigan/Ohio residents.

No, not all cars are shipped by rail. I don't know what the maximum distance for truck delivery from an assembly plant is, but a co-worker of mine bought his Mustang GT from the Ford dealer across the street from AAI, and it still took them 10 days to get it delivered by truck.

Hey BossAZ,

I pushed my local (and so far) very helpful dealer for my VIN after reading you have yours and after I placed my order earlier than you and he says he called and was told only Fleet Vins are being issued now, not production.

Would you mind sharing your VIN so i can forward and perhaps learn more about my order?

Thanks.

Hi BossAZ,

I tried the Ford Customer line and no luck. After i pushed her for 10 mins she was able to tell me the first "Mustangs" (for fleet use) will start being built Mid-March and retail would be after that. She would not get any more specific than that. When I mentioned your car, she said it must be a fleet vehicle. Poor girl. Right. A fleet Boss.

Would you mind sharing your resource for getting reliable information? I cannot believe Ford wont do a better job of communicating.

Thanks

You'd think Ford would fill orders pre-orders as the came in. But I can also see dealers submitting false orders and abusing the system. I'm one of those hoping not to wait 7 months for their car.

5 DOT 0 said:
Baker, when you placed your order has no relevence as to when you'll get your VIN. If the dealer you ordered from has a 4th quarter build allocation you won't get your VIN until next Fall. Ask jmbboss for help since he works for Ford and has offered to help in another thread. You'll need your dealer and order number for him to check.
next fall?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel