The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Call from Dealer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBRSFO, unless you have a real preference for the 2013, try to get a deal on the 2012. The dealer is in it for money. You already know he sucks and you don't have to go back to them for anything after you take delivery of your car. Knowing that, work the deal to your advantage and demand a discount for all the monkey shines they've put you through. The 2013s won't be any cheaper and probably will cost more plus who knows how much additonal time you'll have to wait to get the 2013.

I have to say though that you may not even get a deal on the 2012 if the dealer has been that wishywashy with you to date. If you can't get a deal on the 2012, definitely look somewhere else for a remaining 2012 or a more reputable dealer to order a 2013.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
2013boss302 said:
I just got the call from my local dealer telling me December 5 is the day I can place the order.

OK, well it's the 8th now--did you order one or what? :)

My dealer is such a scumbag. He said it would arrived by Thanksgiving as I noted in my original post. Still not here, although the dealer told me just yesterday it has been off-loaded from the train and is waiting for truck pick-up to be brought to the dealer. Thanks to all for your input. It has ranged, in summary, from "tell the dealer to shuv it", to "don't shoot yourself in the foot - if you want the car buy it and don't let the dealer experience spoil it". If I buy it I will insist on a discount of a few grand. But until the dealer actually has the car, I don't trust anything he says about when it will arrive. Once it arrives, I will let him wait for once, for my decision. I confess it would be hard to resist if it is the last 2012 built - #3000, or close to it.

MLM

Mike
In my experience, the dealer doesn't have access to accurate information about where the vehicle is, so they are guessing somewhat. Also, they really don't seem to care if you buy it or if they have to put it on the lot for someone else to buy.

In 1999 I ordered a truck through a Chevy dealer. After a long wait (two months or so) I started pestering the sales guy, where is it? I got him all frazzled because he wanted to know too but had a hard time getting answers. Too low on the totem pole.

Finally word came that the truck had been loaded onto a transport at a rail yard in Jacksonville. But when the transport got to the dealer - no truck. It turns out it had been loaded but was offloaded at the last minute for reasons unknown. At that point it went into never-never land. It took two weeks for them (shipper) to track it down and reschedule transport. Sales guy told me "never doing another factory order" and "maybe I'll go back to working at Target." ::)

When I complained to the general manager (after delivery), he couldn't have cared less.

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
MLM said:
In my experience, the dealer doesn't have access to accurate information about where the vehicle is, so they are guessing somewhat. Also, they really don't seem to care if you buy it or if they have to put it on the lot for someone else to buy.

My dealer was able to provide accurate location on where my car was during transportation from the moment it left the plant until it arrived at the railhead for final off-load. He even printed out the tracking sheet so I could add it to my paperwork. Most dealers don't even realize or care that the information is readily available in their system. Ask the sales manager to look in his system and if it is in transport, he can tell you where.

DBRSFO said:
My dealer is such a scumbag. He said it would arrived by Thanksgiving as I noted in my original post. Still not here, although the dealer told me just yesterday it has been off-loaded from the train and is waiting for truck pick-up to be brought to the dealer.

If you have the VIN number, I can look it up and see where its at.

Salesman called me yesterday and went over the color & options available on the 2013 Boss 302. He said he would put the order in the order bank the way I wanted the car and would get back with me as soon as prices become available. We agreed on a price off of MSRP but since he can't tell me the price yet...I could "not accept" the car if the selling price was more than I wanted to pay. He said he would keep me updated as soon as he received any information back from Ford. I was not crazy about any of the colors available for the Boss so I went with Race Red with the Recaro / Torsen option and the Boss 302 car cover & floor mats.

DBRSFO said:
and will soon let these go at invoice (or lower for any left on the lot once the first 2013 gets delivered).

Deals under MSRP for a 2012 Boss have been had by many for awhile now but I believe invoice and less is just wishful thinking.

wrongway said:
i'd buy the 12 model and get a discount. I've seen orange in person and it's mean looking to be sure. not a fan of the 13, awful tail lights, front end so so, like the hood vents though. this car did not need a redesign at all, they actually took a step backwards imo.

2012 looks leaner...
New cars keep getting bigger & fatter in my opinion..

TMO Supporting Vendors