The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 Call from Dealer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice, last year the order banks opened on Nov. 19th. I hope your wait is a short one!

I also received a call from my dealer as soon as he confirmed he was getting an allocation for a 2013 Boss sometime in Feb or Mar. He said he was ready to write up the order the way I wanted it but I told him I needed to know all color choices, options available, and pricing so I would know how to order what I wanted. I am waiting for a 2013 Mustang order guide to hit the web! ::)

OK gang. I am looking for feedback on my current situation. I ordered my 2012 Boss in January, 2011. The dealer said it would be a late 1Q, or early 2Q. He lied. He knew it was a 4Q build all along. He just kept telling me all year long that the car was almost here. So here we are in December, and he just called to say the car will be here in two weeks. Do I take it, given that the 2013 have already been launched in the press? Do I tell him to stuff it? Do I tell him I will take it, but want substantial discount below MSRP? I checked EBAY, and there are more than a dozen in current dealer inventory, none of which are selling even at or slightly below MSRP. Mine is Competition Orange, with Torsion and Recaro's, and there are plenty of those on EBAY. I know these are great cars, but clearly the second I drive it off of the showroom, it will take a huge hit in value, regardless of whether some day in the very distant future they might have some collector value. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

i'd buy the 12 model and get a discount. I've seen orange in person and it's mean looking to be sure. not a fan of the 13, awful tail lights, front end so so, like the hood vents though. this car did not need a redesign at all, they actually took a step backwards imo.

From your question I guess you didn't sign a sales agreement and put money on it. So now that you have seen the 12 and what the 13 is going to be, which one do you like better? Get the one you like better. You can get the 12 in 2 weeks or you can go back and order a 13 and see what build date you can get (and basically put yourself back in the "order and wait mode"). If you want the 12, see what the dealer will do, it is Dec, a little off and throw in Track Key. As far as value, we all drove them off the lot and took whatever hit, I did it because I wanted the car.

DBRSFO, Your dealer had a lot of balls stringing you along for a whole year. I would walk away if you're not going to lose anything moneywise. If they lied to you about the allocation date, they'll lie to you about anything else too. If you live in a cold weather state, you're not going to get much driving in til next spring anyway. I would buy from a more reputable dealer, if it was me.

To me it would come down to which styling do you like better the 2012 or the 2013. If you perfer the 2012 I would seek a better deal since they strung you along all year long, but I would also find a back up dealer and 2012 BOSS and be prepared to walk away, that is assuming that you haven't already put money down when you ordered it.

Just a side note, even after I ordered mine (and I did put money down), I continued to look for a better deal up until I actually took delivery of my LS.

Im not understanding this here. There's no way at all any dealer has got a comfirmed boss allocations. The order bank is open but no boss cars has been given out yet at all. I order all of are bosses for us and ford wont start handing bosses out untill middle-end of the month.

To:All Ford Dealers Subject:EFC00903DC 2013 Boss 302 Dealer Allocation Last year we proved what a Mustang could do on a track and the Boss 302 is back for more, paying homage to the 1970 Boss that made it famous.

It is our hope that this allocation strategy will support your efforts in providing customers with a clear understanding of new and exciting best in class product.

METHODS FOR EARNING ALLOCATION
All Ford dealers will have the opportunity to earn a 2013 Boss 302 Mustang. There are two methods for earning allocation:

SHARE OF NATION

•Approximately 75% of the 2013 Boss 302 production will be allocated to the Ford dealers as a Share of Nation
•Those dealers that sell 75% of the retail Mustangs will participate in the Share of Nation allocation (retail Mustang sales % of Nation) -- through October would be the Top 792 Mustang dealers selling 21 or more for the time period
•12 months of sales (December 1, 2010 - November 30, 2011) will be used to determine dealers participating in the Share of Nation. A dealers opportunity to increase share of nation allocation or inclusion in the Top 75% is increased with each Mustang sold through the end of November
•Each of the dealers participating in the Share of Nation is guaranteed at least one Boss 302
LOTTERY

•Those Ford dealers not participating in the Share of Nation will be entered into a Lottery for the balance of the allocation
•Each dealership participating in the Lottery will receive one chip (entry into the lottery) for being a dealer and one chip for each retail sale over the 12-month period (December 1, 2010 - November 30, 2011)
•Those dealers with ZERO Mustang sales over the 12-month period will each receive one chip in the lottery
•No dealer will earn more then one Boss 302 through the lottery
Note: The Laguna Seca Package will be allocated by a second lottery for all dealers earning a Boss 302 through Share of Nation or Lottery.

To help manage customer expectations for ordering the 2013 Boss 302 Mustang, all 2013 MY dealer production guides will be communicated in early January. Dealers will be given their full year guide numbers along with the quarter(s) their unit(s) will be scheduled. This will enable dealers to manage customer expectations regarding availability and timing. Production is scheduled to begin in March.

Stage 3 said:
Im not understanding this here. There's no way at all any dealer has got a comfirmed boss allocations. The order bank is open but no boss cars has been given out yet at all. I order all of are bosses for us and ford wont start handing bosses out untill middle-end of the month.

To:All Ford Dealers Subject:EFC00903DC 2013 Boss 302 Dealer Allocation Last year we proved what a Mustang could do on a track and the Boss 302 is back for more, paying homage to the 1970 Boss that made it famous.

It is our hope that this allocation strategy will support your efforts in providing customers with a clear understanding of new and exciting best in class product.

METHODS FOR EARNING ALLOCATION
All Ford dealers will have the opportunity to earn a 2013 Boss 302 Mustang. There are two methods for earning allocation:

SHARE OF NATION

•Approximately 75% of the 2013 Boss 302 production will be allocated to the Ford dealers as a Share of Nation
•Those dealers that sell 75% of the retail Mustangs will participate in the Share of Nation allocation (retail Mustang sales % of Nation) -- through October would be the Top 792 Mustang dealers selling 21 or more for the time period
•12 months of sales (December 1, 2010 - November 30, 2011) will be used to determine dealers participating in the Share of Nation. A dealers opportunity to increase share of nation allocation or inclusion in the Top 75% is increased with each Mustang sold through the end of November
•Each of the dealers participating in the Share of Nation is guaranteed at least one Boss 302
LOTTERY

•Those Ford dealers not participating in the Share of Nation will be entered into a Lottery for the balance of the allocation
•Each dealership participating in the Lottery will receive one chip (entry into the lottery) for being a dealer and one chip for each retail sale over the 12-month period (December 1, 2010 - November 30, 2011)
•Those dealers with ZERO Mustang sales over the 12-month period will each receive one chip in the lottery
•No dealer will earn more then one Boss 302 through the lottery
Note: The Laguna Seca Package will be allocated by a second lottery for all dealers earning a Boss 302 through Share of Nation or Lottery.

To help manage customer expectations for ordering the 2013 Boss 302 Mustang, all 2013 MY dealer production guides will be communicated in early January. Dealers will be given their full year guide numbers along with the quarter(s) their unit(s) will be scheduled. This will enable dealers to manage customer expectations regarding availability and timing. Production is scheduled to begin in March.

Great info.

DBRSFO said:
OK gang. I am looking for feedback on my current situation. I ordered my 2012 Boss in January, 2011. The dealer said it would be a late 1Q, or early 2Q. He lied. He knew it was a 4Q build all along. He just kept telling me all year long that the car was almost here. So here we are in December, and he just called to say the car will be here in two weeks. Do I take it, given that the 2013 have already been launched in the press? Do I tell him to stuff it? Do I tell him I will take it, but want substantial discount below MSRP? I checked EBAY, and there are more than a dozen in current dealer inventory, none of which are selling even at or slightly below MSRP. Mine is Competition Orange, with Torsion and Recaro's, and there are plenty of those on EBAY. I know these are great cars, but clearly the second I drive it off of the showroom, it will take a huge hit in value, regardless of whether some day in the very distant future they might have some collector value. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
IMO id dump the dealer for leading you along by the short hairs and find someone else, who knows what may be lurking in the back office. They wernt upfront with you to start with they arnt going to change. As for which car to buy look at the pics on line and do a side by side. The 2013 look nice with the exception of the tail lights but the new gizmo's inside make up for that. Also what ever was in question with our 2012 should have been worked out on the 2013. These are my thought's if I had to decide.I do know I'd dump the dealer.

I hate to jump in the middle of this thread but a dealer could with confidence offer you a boss if his allocation for 2012 was large enough and his mustang sales against nation are high enough he will be guaranteed to recieve some. True, he will not know yet when or exactly how many. If he was a lottery winner last year and not a share of nation dealer then you are taking a chance on whether he can win again or not.

Ok two weeks is not bad this depends on your liking of the car I have the Orange and would not give it up I love the car and it does look incredible as for the 2013 I just dont care for them at all it reminds me of a copy of what Chevy did to the camaro they made a nice one in 2010 it became real popular then they changed them and went down hill well ford seems to be following in their footsteps the front is more of a gt500 front just not for me the hood leaf catchers dont do it either dont even look at the rear it just to ME went down hill fast I think they will let these dry out and go on to something else like the cobra and I am more then fine with that being I have mine ;D Infact the excat car you are looking to get I have all of the options and added QTP electric exhaust a laser interceptor and a good radar detector and let me just say one drive and you will get a tent and wait at your dealer for that car this is that good of a car my only next two changes are going to be a boston acoustic sound system and the front brake cooling kit.

Just looked at Carmax online, 2012 Mustang and Boss 302, any distance from my location, and found 0 Boss 302's? I was looking for all of the cars that are below MSRP they have. I actually found mine at Carmax, and got it just under MSRP.

Check out EBAY. There are lots of them, and none are selling. You can bet the dealers are geting nervous and will soon let these go at invoice (or lower for any left on the lot once the first 2013 gets delivered).

Stage 3 said:

Not trying to get into a pi??ing contest here but I have ordered several new cars in my 60+ years and I have to say my current Boss 302 salesman has been very straight & upfront with me. I have in my possession a copy of the invoice of the 2012 CO Boss 302 he tried to sell me at $41,500. That was $2,075 off of the MSRP of $43,575 (car had Recaro seat / Torsen option and Boss cover option). The invoice shows an Invoice total of $40,502.60 with a "A & Z" plan price of $38,996.60 price, a "D" plan price of $39,096.60 price and a "X" plan price of $40,615.59. I told him what I was willing to pay "off of" MSRP on a 2013 Boss and he said he "has my business". I offered to write him a check that day for a deposit and he said "Let me check with my Ford Area Manager and make sure I will get an allocation for a 2013 Boss. I said "Fine, just let me know when you know!" He called the day after the 2013 Boss was formally announced at the LA Auto show and said he talked with his Area Manager and the Ford Manager assured him he would get a an allocation for a 2013 Boss probably sometime in March 2013 ( he also e-mailed a copy of the exact same letter you referenced above). He asked me how I wanted it ordered and I said I need to know the complete Boss 302 color choices and option prices before I would know how I wanted to order it. I offered again to write him a deposit check but he said wait until he gets the 2013 Mustang Order Guide and he will call me and I can come into his office to work up & sign the order. I do about $20,000 a month business with his parts department and he knows this and I don't think he would jeopardize our business relationship by lieing to me. I believe this man is "straight" with me.

TMO Supporting Vendors