The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 BOSS 302 - Grabber Blue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffIsHereToo said:
MakeMyDay said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
ArizonaGT said:
number TWOOOOOOOOO! Sweet!

Yes, it's cool, but I feel like the guy that wins the Silver medal! LOL

Where is #1!?!?!

I read that #1 went up to Calgary, Canada. I also read that 4 of the first 14 Bosses went to Canada.

MMD

The latest from those inside Ford is that only 6 cars left before the hold not the early rumored 14. Maybe #1 went north but it looks like the total number is 6...just an FYI!

But not all of those 6 were made the 1st day right?

0002 GB
0011 SBY in CA
0097 GB @ Folsum
0115 GHIG in NC

1992chpb4c said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
MakeMyDay said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
ArizonaGT said:
number TWOOOOOOOOO! Sweet!

Yes, it's cool, but I feel like the guy that wins the Silver medal! LOL

Where is #1!?!?!

I read that #1 went up to Calgary, Canada. I also read that 4 of the first 14 Bosses went to Canada.

MMD

The latest from those inside Ford is that only 6 cars left before the hold not the early rumored 14. Maybe #1 went north but it looks like the total number is 6...just an FYI!

0002 GB
0011 SBY in CA
0097 GB @ Folsum
0115 GHIG in NC

Wish I could tell you! Again, I am getting this from other posts by people that work for, or have access to, Ford's systems. I have no special knowledge. I was told there were 5 cars built on Feb 27th with mine. Later I was told the actual number of cars that shipped was 6. I think you need to be careful making any kind of inference from that. For example a car built on the 27th could have had some other delay causing it not to make it out with the 6...in other words we don't yet know.

Sorry wish I knew more but I do think that we need to be careful when trying to connect the dots between what we "think" we know and what we're trying to understand.

[/quote]

0002 GB
0011 SBY in CA
0097 GB @ Folsum
0115 GHIG in NC
[/quote]

Wish I could tell you! Again, I am getting this from other posts by people that work for, or have access to, Ford's systems. I have no special knowledge. I was told there were 5 cars built on Feb 27th with mine. Later I was told the actual number of cars that shipped was 6. I think you need to be careful making any kind of inference from that. For example a car built on the 27th could have had some other delay causing it not to make it out with the 6...in other words we don't yet know.

Sorry wish I knew more but I do think that we need to be careful when trying to connect the dots between what we "think" we know and what we're trying to understand.
[/quote]

No, I agree, its kind of fun tracking them while there are so few released, lol. Here pretty soon, thats all out of the window and there will be a months worth of builds dumped at once.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Jeff,

I found this at Ford Racing regarding your Trak Key flash issue. This will be informative and reassuring to some readers on this forum.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13484

MMD

MakeMyDay said:
Jeff,

I found this at Ford Racing regarding your Trak Key flash issue. This will be informative and reassuring to some readers on this forum.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13484

MMD

Thanks!

My gf texted me that she saw a bunch in ATL, she doesn't like it. I told her it is because she hasn't seen a Boss, just the regular GB ones ;D

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
My wife's opinions about all things 'automotive' shift to my viewpoint with the amount/quality of jewelry on her 'approved shopping list'. ;D

Not sure who at Ford is quoting numbers (6)....but they are WRONG.
Gotta add a 2nd SBY in Cali that has arrived and sold...Fairfield Ford. I was in line for it but passed as the color is not what I was expecting (I own a 12 in red/white (1344) and wanted SBY for the 69/ &70 race team color scheme)- It didn't grab me as another color now has.. It arrived a few days before Future Ford Sacramento got their SBY. Unlike Future the Fairfield dealership is not insane and sold it within days...they are not at 10k over as Future is.

Even prior to that...the first 13 Boss on the ground I heard/found was another SBY in Wichata (spelling) Kansas--on the ground with dealer pictures . Didn't get car numbers on either. If needed I can dig through my old emails and come up with the Boss in Kansas-presumed sold by now or else just google yellow boss kansas and it should show up.

I bought mine at Fairfield, they are doing MSRP if you ask on the regular Bosses and will get close if not to MSRP on the LS. That is the only good thing I have to say about them.

Mustang 3 said:
Not sure who at Ford is quoting numbers (6)....but they are WRONG.
Gotta add a 2nd SBY in Cali that has arrived and sold...Fairfield Ford. I was in line for it but passed as the color is not what I was expecting (I own a 12 in red/white (1344) and wanted SBY for the 69/ &70 race team color scheme)- It didn't grab me as another color now has.. It arrived a few days before Future Ford Sacramento got their SBY. Unlike Future the Fairfield dealership is not insane and sold it within days...they are not at 10k over as Future is.

Even prior to that...the first 13 Boss on the ground I heard/found was another SBY in Wichata (spelling) Kansas--on the ground with dealer pictures . Didn't get car numbers on either. If needed I can dig through my old emails and come up with the Boss in Kansas-presumed sold by now or else just google yellow boss kansas and it should show up.

It's still there!

http://mhford.com/2013-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Wichita-KS/vd/9638139

1992chpb4c said:
Its not there yet, made 3/14. Gave them a quick call.

This is more than bizarre--sorry if I mislead as to Kansas. They posted a pic of the car on their web page...actual car not the "sample" stock photo. Emailed me the MSRP sheet that I printed out (I'm looking at it right now)- I was checking on shipping costs of Cali...

I guess they were "positive" it was in transit and trying to presell...sorry...but I still want to know where they got the picture of an actual 2013 SBY.

Mustang 3 said:
I guess they were "positive" it was in transit and trying to presell...sorry...but I still want to know where they got the picture of an actual 2013 SBY.

There are two, I believe, SBY 13's out there, so they could have used one of their pictures. Also Ford used the SBY car on the many press and show tours so they could have used one of those pics. Bottom line there are more than a few dealers caught with their pants down with this delay who made representations and promises of cars, some selling cars they never got, and now have to back peddle and come clean.

ace72ace

Hey JeffIsHereToo,

Could you snap a picture or 2 of the scuff plate/door sills on your Boss? My wife's GT has the ones with the back light, and due to sand and crap scraping along it, it has scratched and the color from the light source underneath now bleeds through the scratches, ugh... As I had already planned to clear bra the rear panel and the tail lights, I am also trying to figure out what other areas to cover and thought of the sills. I know we don't have light up versions, but the long term protection of the clear bra covering is cheap insurance to keep it looking good over time. But as we have stripes on the facia & hood already, I'm not so sure you would want to try covering that up, my guess it would look goofy, never mind issues with cleaning & polishing.

ace72ace said:
Hey JeffIsHereToo,

Could you snap a picture or 2 of the scuff plate/door sills on your Boss? My wife's GT has the ones with the back light, and due to sand and crap scraping along it, it has scratched and the color from the light source underneath now bleeds through the scratches, ugh... As I had already planned to clear bra the rear panel and the tail lights, I am also trying to figure out what other areas to cover and thought of the sills. I know we don't have light up versions, but the long term protection of the clear bra covering is cheap insurance to keep it looking good over time. But as we have stripes on the facia & hood already, I'm not so sure you would want to try covering that up, my guess it would look goofy, never mind issues with cleaning & polishing.

You can do clear bra around the stripes too.

Sorry for the glare but the overhead lights made the shot harder.

IMG_2228.jpg

ace72ace

Thanks, should be snap for the installer to protect that insert. I'm really thinking of not doing the bra over the stripes, just the lower bumper area and lower facia, and the newly painted body colored/formerly black plastic rocker trim.

TMO Supporting Vendors