The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 LS w/shaker hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Fomoco302 said:

+1

But disagree about it being fake. This is probably a real BLACK LS Boss with a CDC kit. The blue you see is a reflection of the SKY. Lots of of real Bosses get different graphics with aftermarket hoods/mods. I can think of several here and in person.

Justin said:
There were no impact blue bosses...dead give away
It was an instagram screenshot. Pretty sure they just used some filter to get the blue look

Grant 302 said:
+1

But disagree about it being fake. This is probably a real BLACK LS Boss with a CDC kit. The blue you see is a reflection of the SKY. Lots of of real Bosses get different graphics with aftermarket hoods/mods. I can think of several here and in person.
Yeah I guess it could be an aftermarket hood decal. Similar to the decals people get with the tiger hood

racered302 said:
It looks like a stick on hood scoop. Why would anyone do that?
The issue with the CDC and the Boss IM is that the Boss IM sits higher than the GT. So IF someone did create custom brackets to fit the Boss it would naturally sit higher.

It's not a Boss or at least it's not an original decal. There is no reflective decal above the word "Boss" on the 2013's. If they modded the hood there would be no reason to alter the decal on the quarter panel. That's the first thing that stood out to me. This is what it's supposed to look like:
20130816_195912.jpg

cbj5259 said:
It's not a Boss or at least it's not an original decal. There is no reflective decal above the word "Boss" on the 2013's. If they modded the hood there would be no reason to alter the decal on the quarter panel. That's the first thing that stood out to me. This is what it's supposed to look like:
20130816_195912.jpg
Good eye
Domestic Product said:
Um, I think this would be a down grade from the Boss intake manifold.
You would be correct if i were to downgrade to a GT manifold but the point of this thread is to make the shaker work with the Boss manifold.

I spoke with a Saleen saleman earlier today and he said the George Follmer mustang has an IM similar to the Boss and revs past 7200RPM. He said that this shaker system bolts right up to the Boss IM and is for sale. Hmmmm
12807034633_024b296e7e_b.jpg

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Well, you must mean this, http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/17/2014-saleen-george-follmer-edition-mustang-monterey-2013/
So it is possible to have a shaker on a Boss intake.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
cbj5259 said:
USNjocson said:

That's not correct! The Laguna Seca don't come with the top fender stripe or the two adjoining side hood stripes.
01-steeda-mustang-boss-302-sema.jpg

2013-ford-mustang-boss-302-laguna-seca_100370511_m.jpg

It's obviously not stock, but there are SEVERAL Bosses out there with aftermarket stripes. One of the 2012 CO Bosses around here even has reflective stripes. Lots of guys alter their hood graphics after changing to the 302S/Tiger racing hoods. I'm not so sure what's so hard to understand about this. ::)

Even it it was real, which is not, why would you put a shaker. Doesn't look good on this model. Maybe in 1970 it looked good,mbut not on current Boss

Domestic Product said:
Well, you must mean this, http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/17/2014-saleen-george-follmer-edition-mustang-monterey-2013/
So it is possible to have a shaker on a Boss intake.

That car looks tacky. There should be rule's in place. At least no gold rims.

"Hey Chris,

Price for our Super Shaker system is $1499.99 and that is a complete kit with instructions on how to cut your hood. Everything is included in our kit."

Salween kit was double the price of CDC what a shocker. I'm going to call CDC and see of we can work something out

Grant 302 said:
That's not correct! The Laguna Seca don't come with the top fender stripe or the two adjoining side hood stripes.
01-steeda-mustang-boss-302-sema.jpg

2013-ford-mustang-boss-302-laguna-seca_100370511_m.jpg

It's obviously not stock, but there are SEVERAL Bosses out there with aftermarket stripes. One of the 2012 CO Bosses around here even has reflective stripes. Lots of guys alter their hood graphics after changing to the 302S/Tiger racing hoods. I'm not so sure what's so hard to understand about this. ::)

The decal on the quarter panel is the same on the base boss as it is on the LS. It only differs on the hood. As I pointed out, on both the LS and base models, there is a gap above the word "Boss". On the picture at the top of the post, there is a decal above the word "boss". If someone were modding their hood, there would be no need to purchase a new decal for the quarter panel. I mean I suppose they could but it doesn't need to be replaced even if the hood is swapped out. That's why I'm leaning toward fake.

I agree with this guy ^^.
I never looked that closely at the stripes on the 13's but it is a fake. If it was a real Boss, the owner would have known the stripe was wrong, if he payed as much attention to the stripe as he did the hood. I still say the scoop's a stick on.

TMO Supporting Vendors