The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302 With a Scheduled Build Date!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuvl70

2013 Grabber Blue #216
AZ
Thought I would share the news that I have a scheduled build date for my 2013 Boss!! March 12, 2012.

Cool. Does anyone know if that's the first week of MY 2013 production?

I am getting my vin tomorrow! I am told April/ May delivery.
Hope this helps .Its always tough when we want something so bad and have to wait!
Best regards,Ron

Congrats BOSSAZ and Ron!!!!!!!!!!!

(BOSSAZ - get that thing on a track and start goin'. 'Ol Ron (aka Rocketman) has been known to track down and lap the best of them. Your only chance is to get a 1-2 MONTH headstart!!!

CoolTechLLC said:
Congrats BOSSAZ and Ron!!!!!!!!!!!

(BOSSAZ - get that thing on a track and start goin'. 'Ol Ron (aka Rocketman) has been known to track down and lap the best of them. Your only chance is to get a 1-2 MONTH headstart!!!
Yea we had a great time duking it out at Track Attack. They don't call him roketman for nothing!

roketman said:
Hope this helps .Its always tough when we want something so bad and have to wait!
Best regards,Ron

Hi everyone. Along the lines of "Its always tough when we want something so bad and have to wait", how does Ford schedule production of our 2013 Boss' orders; first come first serve as the orders are recv'd, color batch, or simply pull an order # out of a hat :). February 27th is loomin closer! Thanks!

privera302 said:
roketman said:
Best regards,Ron

Hi everyone. Along the lines of "Its always tough when we want something so bad and have to wait", how does Ford schedule production of our 2013 Boss' orders; first come first serve as the orders are recv'd, color batch, or simply pull an order # out of a hat :). February 27th is loomin closer! Thanks!
There was a specific allocation process by dealer and quarter. Each dealer knows how many cars they were allocated and which quarter each allocation will be built.

5 DOT 0 said:
There was a specific allocation process by dealer and quarter. Each dealer knows how many cars they were allocated and which quarter each allocation will be built.

Yes, but they are often not forthcoming with that information.

I don't know, maybe someone here who works for Ford can find out. However, if the dealer won't tell you, it might be a sign to walk away and find another one. I had some trouble getting one ordered, and eventually lucked out finding one at a dealer that the buyer had backed out (couldn't get credit) so they were motivated.

What state are you in? Maybe someone knows a good dealer. The one I bought from said they have 2 early ones coming this year and would do MSRP on Boss and 5k over on LS if it was someone I sent over. I wish I had tried them earlier, I wouldn't have had to wait until 2 months ago to get one, but they are far enough away I didn't bother to try.

BOSSAZ said:
Thought I would share the news that I have a scheduled build date for my 2013 Boss!! March 12, 2012.

I just got the same build date March 12, 2012. I wonder if there are any other out there with a build date on or around the 13th?
Does anybody know if they are in fact starting to start the 2013 later this month or in March?

Paul

2013boss302 said:
BOSSAZ said:

I just got the same build date March 12, 2012. I wonder if there are any other out there with a build date on or around the 13th?
Does anybody know if they are in fact starting to start the 2013 later this month or in March?

Paul

Paul, the first build week reported right now is Feb. 27th. I know, because my car is one of them. ;D

If a dealer has a legitimate allocation(s), They know what quarter the build date for their allocation is scheduled for & should be able to relay that info to you...simple as that. If they cannot furnish that info to you, you need to find a dealer who can. Once you get a vin#, your car is 4-6 weeks away, depending on how far away from the factory you are. I ordered my Boss 4/8/11 & didn't get it till 10/5/11 because it was a 3rd qtr allocation. The allocation quarter is the key to when your car will be built. the date you put your order in has nothing to do with the build date.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel