The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bet you're right. Looks like it has the Boss wheels and front splitter. That front end makes it look kind of 'soft.'

rom said:
me neither, I dont like that round big nose on the Shelbys :)
Me too. I liked the front of the 07-09 Shelby's but not the 10+. I think it will be mix and match in that the front may not look as aggressive but the rear might look better. But of course all of us 2012 Boss owners will like the 2012 over the 2013. ;)

5 DOT 0 said:
But of course all of us 2012 Boss owners will like the 2012 over the 2013. ;)

If the '13 comes with the '70 slats, shaker and spoiler, hmmmm or a 429 ...

I'm not a fan of the newer Shelby nose, but then I thought it was done to keep the hood from lifting during high speed runs.

Yea I think you're right Vince. Less lift/more downforce and I heard it might have heat extractors. Would be very curious to see the grille and hood design on the 13s to see if they redesigned it for better cooling.

cloud9 said:
Yea I think you're right Vince. Less lift/more downforce and I heard it might have heat extractors. Would be very curious to see the grille and hood design on the 13s to see if they redesigned it for better cooling.
It will have heat extractor slots that run from front to back instead of across the front like the GT500 now does. also rear will have LED trim around LED tail lights. that picture could be GT or Boss, even 6 cyl is getting the nose and lower LED trim

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I like the 2010 and newer Shelby front ends much better then the previous.. I would even consider trading in my Boss next year for the Shelby front end possibly..

boss2012 said:
cloud9 said:
It will have heat extractor slots that run from front to back instead of across the front like the GT500 now does. also rear will have LED trim around LED tail lights. that picture could be GT or Boss, even 6 cyl is getting the nose and lower LED trim
Pics?

cloud9 said:
boss2012 said:
cloud9 said:
Pics?

was very lucky to get to see the 2013 when asked to respect Ford's wishes for no pictures I agreed. it's only a few days till LA and the Mustang lineup (possibly without the GT500) will be released there.

Spotted the near duplicate of the car pictured except it was the Green color from the Boss Video with the 70 stripe pattern. This one was totally covered in the Camo, but the top was left alone. The green is very near a lime green color. Very close to the current Lime Sqeeze Metallic Green offered on the Escape Hybrid. It was headed south on I-75 going thru Downtown Detroit at about 11:30AM Sunday morning. Sorry, no pix. Couldn't get the camera out in time. It headed South towards Toledo and I didn't.

(Maybe he was headed back to Flatrock.)

Mike

BLAZN BOSS

I like the black pieces on either side of the license plate...................tail lights remind me of a nissan ..........cant remember which one.......gonna go google!

98RedGT

2012 #552
That grille reminds me too much of a Shelby. Don't get me wrong, I like Shelby look, but this is a BOSS and should be unique like 2012 is. JMO.

TMO Supporting Vendors