The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302S goes into production - photo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaGT said:
Dude. What are these extra coolers!? Oil and Trans? The one on the left has a ton of surface area! I just installed the 2012 oil cooler a few months ago...

boss302s31.jpg
Has anyone found out what that large oil cooler in the picture is?? I am ready to order one if its availiable to get!! Need part number!!!

jdasch1 said:
Has anyone found out what that large oil cooler in the picture is?? I am ready to order one if its availiable to get!! Need part number!!!
Anyone?? Does anyone know of this cooler?? I've called Rehagen and don't have any answer as of yet.

ArizonaGT said:
I believe Mark Wilson said in another thread here that the larger one is a tranny cooler for the TR6060.
I have the smaller one for the engine oil. Now the smaller one is for the transmission (mine is underneath car with external pump), and the larger one is for the engine oil. I ran half the season last year at 300 degrees F and thats too high. I've been trying to get the part number or maker of the larger one so I can get it. The picture is from Rehagen's shop, but they have not been able to provide me with a price/part number/maker of it. So I was just asking if anyone has ordered one or knows how to get it. Thanx

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
jdasch1 said:
I have the smaller one for the engine oil. Now the smaller one is for the transmission (mine is underneath car with external pump), and the larger one is for the engine oil. I ran half the season last year at 300 degrees F and thats too high. I've been trying to get the part number or maker of the larger one so I can get it. The picture is from Rehagen's shop, but they have not been able to provide me with a price/part number/maker of it. So I was just asking if anyone has ordered one or knows how to get it. Thanx

I'm sure the guys at Rehagen have been busy w/ Daytona test days...anyways if you want to make an educated guess based on relative size and advertised dimensions: https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=SETRAB6

I will try to take a look, Dean is going to be coaching the owner of a white 13 Boss 302S at Winterfest. There will be the new 13 and Rich's 2012 Boss 302S racing at the event. Rich will not be upgrading the 12 since it is #1, last I was told. My guess is this will be the first time on track for this 2013.

ArizonaGT said:
I'm sure the guys at Rehagen have been busy w/ Daytona test days...anyways if you want to make an educated guess based on relative size and advertised dimensions: https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=SETRAB6
Thanx for the link. maybe I'll just order one of those.

I thought you guys might be interested in some more pics that mustangs daily didn't host.

Hood struts from the factory
dpp_0021.jpg

That beautiful bumper beam
dpp_0032.jpg

Adjustable rear sway end links
dpp_0040.jpg

Adjustable front end links
dpp_0041.jpg

A shot of how that radiator boxing works
dpp_0055.jpg

Factory bump steer kit
dpp_0064.jpg

And that SEXY carbon fiber driveshaft
dpp_0144.jpg

All images taken from here:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/mustang/Gallery_56.asp

Good stuff! 8)

I'd be pretty satisfied if I could afford just a regular boss like yours... lol But im sure I would probably feel the same way you do if I could. Fact of the matter is, even if I could afford a 302S I don't have the time or money to actually race it. So it'd end up being an $80k garage queen. ;D

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
ArizonaGT said:
Anybody know where the fuel system components that are normally attached to the bottom of the spare tire well got moved to?

dpp_0040.jpg

Evaporative emissions control parts, used to collect gasoline vapors during fill up and also what sits in the combustion chambers after engine shut down. Not needed for race cars that aren't street legal. 12 lbs of dead weight.
Steve

steveespo said:
Evaporative emissions control parts, used to collect gasoline vapors during fill up and also what sits in the combustion chambers after engine shut down. Not needed for race cars that aren't street legal. 12 lbs of dead weight.
Steve

Yep. Im going to be removing it on mine since I need the wheel well to mount my diffuser to. If you have emissions testing, you'll have to get your tune modified so they don't see its missing.

We did add a roll over valve and hardware but you can't see it in the picture.

You guys also missed the pictures of the extended ball joint front control arms.

Would you guys be interested in the front bumper beam and if so what is a fair price for it?

mwilson7 said:
Would you guys be interested in the front bumper beam and if so what is a fair price for it?

Yes, but not sure what a fair price is. I think you said it will fit the 12

BTW: 27 is up for sale in VA

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2013-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302S-27-50-Track-Car-Race-Ready-Stock-Now-/130835182544?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e766273d0

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel