The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302S goes into production - photo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwilson7 said:
We did add a roll over valve and hardware but you can't see it in the picture.

You guys also missed the pictures of the extended ball joint front control arms.

Would you guys be interested in the front bumper beam and if so what is a fair price for it?

Ah yes, I did forget to post that. A little criticism on those arms though. For that price, they should have the bushings already installed. I'm trying to remove the bushings on my stock arms and good gawd if this isnt the biggest pain in the ass ever. I contemplated returning my bushings, and ball joints and buying the arms but for that much, I'll just keep fighting my stock ones.

Also, I think 150-200 would be a fair price for that bumper beam. If I had a good way to mount my heat exchanger, I'd be all over that. Actually, I already inquired about one at Rehagen.

Hey Mark,

I am also interested in the bumper bar with tow hook mount and splitter tabs. I think Steve's numbers ($200 + $75) sound pretty close to me. I mean, this thing isn't nearly as advanced as that baking pan welded to a metal bar that you sold to most of us. ;)

Also, will you be at COTA for Grand-Am? If so, I hope I can run into you again and maybe lend a helping hand.

Jimmy

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
mwilson7 said:
We did add a roll over valve and hardware but you can't see it in the picture.

Mark do you have any tips on how to add that on when it comes time to delete the evap system stuff? My car is going to be de-registered/gutted/caged around mid-year.

re: the bumper bar:
what are the primary benefits? obviously, the mounting tabs for tow hook / splitter...any weight savings or other benefits? and for that matter, downsides?

Some benefits:

mwilson7 said:
It is steel and I believe it saves around 6 lbs over the stock part and its almost as far forward as possible so removing this weight is very beneficial. We didn't feel that aluminum was strong enough to support the tow hook. Don't forget that you also save the weight of the splitter bracket by incorporating the stanchion mounts into the bumper.

Some downsides:
It would obviously be an off-road piece only that would affect front-end crash performance in an unproven way. Also, if you hit your shin on that tow hook mount...oh man, that's going to hurt. :eek:

Front replacement bumper for Boss 302S will be available mid-Feb under part number M-17757-MB. You will also need to order the tow hook M-17954-A. Full retail is $329 for the bar and $55 for the hook but street price should be substantially less on both.

mwilson7 said:
Front replacement bumper for Boss 302S will be available mid-Feb under part number M-17757-MB. You will also need to order the tow hook M-17954-A. Full retail is $329 for the bar and $55 for the hook but street price should be substantially less on both.

Oh look, a Valentines Day gift from Mark! Thanks, man. I'm good for one of each.

Jimmy

mwilson7 said:

Thanks Mark, do you know if there will be a big difference where it comes through the bumber cover from the Multimatic front hook? Also can I use the Multimatic hook with this bumber?

Photos of Tim Brown's new 2013 302S to go along with his 2012 302S. I invited him to join BMO so maybe he'll stop by and comment on his new race car. I'll take one please. 8)

image_zpsecc9bcea.jpg
e7d21dee-bfc7-4de6-96e4-eb97f31db77a_zpsbb640219.jpg
1881a7d4-8506-4b4f-a82c-536df0ad816a_zps38a47814.jpg

First race at the Ridge Motorsports park , SCCA double regional , lots of elevation changes , fun track and picked up a ton of time in each session . Picked up 1.8 seconds from best lap in video in the next day qualifying .

[youtube][/youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YscKYHeRasA

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel