The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss 302S grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just got the 2013 "S" grill in the ford racing box. Are these all modified stock grills because it looks like a chimpanzee with a die grinder opened up the holes in the honeycomb.

Yes. Does it look bad from the front of just the back? I bought my '12 S grill a little later in the year and mine was better than some of the earlier ones. I guess it was from the practice the chimp got during the year.

looks worse from the rear I know it's a limited production part but I could do the same thing with a die grinder and a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Did you pull the bumper cap off to install it?

Not surprising. I have the CJ grille on my car and my 10 year old son could have done a better job. I went crazy with my Dremel on my grille and it's fine. I like to think of mine as "custom". ;)

No need to remove the bumper cover.

wow, thats sad to hear. Do you have any pictures? So someone takes a stock boss grille and just hacks at the honey comb? I thought it was a separate mold for this unit considering the price.

Sorry, no photos I already returned it. It wasn't the vendors fault. I blame Ford. For the price of these things it should have been a separate mold, especially if you're going to put it on a $46,000+ car. But tell you what, send me your grill, I'll down a 6 pack of PBR and get out my die grinder and only charge you $300.00 to modify yours, couldn't be any worse and you'll save fifty bucks.

TMO Supporting Vendors