The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 boss advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm just about to close a deal on a 2013 ghig boss 302 I will be trading in my 2012 yellow blaze boss with 700 miles. The dealer has, I think given me a fair trade in at 40,000.00 the car only cost me 41,000.00 and sold me the 2013 at msrp is the new 2013 worth making the change.
blazin boss

wow...u made out like a bandit dude.

if you must have the ghig then go for it. i have not even been able to drive one yet so as far as saying if one is better over the other i cant say.

but i would assume other than the color and the hood venting its the same dang car.

steve-o

Phil ,
YES YES YES It is worth it ! The HID's and the sync alone make it a worth while deal! Plus what he is giving you for your trade is awesome !But than again so is the deal on the 2013 .Plus if you do the deal as a trade you pay very little in sales tax.That is if your state has a sales tax.
Just my 02
Best regards,Ron

I agree with Rocketman. I really like the track apps and the sync. Those two options are worth it to me. Plus that deal on your trade is pretty crazy. Around here trade in values for a '12 Boss are about $34-$35k. I would just make sure you like that GHIG. It's REALLY bright, lol. Good luck man. Post pics if you get it.

I know I was torn between school bus yellow and ghig the yellow deal fell through so it's the green .Have not even seen the color but I Wanted it to stand so I guess the green will work.I here it looks better in person.
Phil

You can't lose either way, and the loss doing the trade is not much if you are happy with the green. Personally I prefer the looks of the 12, but having the oil and tranny info and the christmas tree would have been nice.

Phil,
Glad I could help .Post pictures when your green goddess arrives! The best thing about the tack apps is the gauges mode!Be sure you get every option you can get or comes with the car.When is the delivery date?
Best regards,Ron ;)

That is by far one of the best deals I have heard of.... isnt it a great day when used cars have meet new cars in pricing? Also Im curious what is the dealer going to try to retail your 2012 for, because he is going to have a bit of hard time when a new 13 is so close in price.

I am not sure,but I think they are going to ask 2000.00 more than the trade in value.They say that they have been able to get top dollar for low mileage clean cars.
Phil

The car has been delivered,spoke with salesmen yellow blaze already sold.I really like this color and the new look of the boss.Bad news there is no track key option for the 2013 standard boss,well can't have everything.
Phil

I'm not sure the salesmen that delivered the car said there was no track key for the standard boss only the luguna seca,I also thought that was funny.I have to keys but neither one says anything on them about track key like the 2012 did.
Phil

blazin boss said:
I'm not sure the salesmen that delivered the car said there was no track key for the standard boss only the luguna seca,I also thought that was funny.I have to keys but neither one says anything on them about track key like the 2012 did.
Phil
Dude, I think the salesman doesnt know what he's talking about. You can get the Track Key for the '13 Boss, either model. You have to purchase the Trackey, then have it installed. Tousley seems to sell them for a reasonable price then go to a dealer that has installed one before. Just my opinion though.

blazin boss said:
Yes guys I didn't say anything but thought he might know something that I didn't.
Phil
Well, at least you know now and no harm was done. I personally think the TK is worth, IMO. Congrats on the new Boss man. I would love to see some pics... just saying ;)

Sounds like you were given a great deal I am sure the reason they took the 12 back in trade is simple at my dealer they have the 2013 gt500 in their showroom facing a 2013 gt 6 cylinder and between the two they look the same, same body style so I think there will be alot of people looking for the 2012 bosses this same thing happened with my 2010 camaro 2ss they gave me 3000 more then what I bought it for when I traded it in because they had it sold before I even dropped it off :-\

TMO Supporting Vendors