The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss Brake Cooling Kit Install (M-2004-MBA Brake Duct Kit)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice work. I'm glad to see you figured out how to post photos. ;D When's your next track day?

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
NFSBOSS said:
Nice work. I'm glad to see you figured out how to post photos. ;D When's your next track day?
May 24-25th at new track AMP(Atlanta Motorsports Park)

Is there a place for videos? I have a few from Barber Motorsports Park

j3st3r said:
May 24-25th at new track AMP(Atlanta Motorsports Park)

Is there a place for videos? I have a few from Barber Motorsports Park

YouTube. then use the youtube icon in the message editor and paste the link to it.

I know Im reviving a dead thread, but I am about to do this install on mine soon. When you put the bezels on the bumper, do they literally screw into the bumper?

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
arabbit said:
I know Im reviving a dead thread, but I am about to do this install on mine soon. When you put the bezels on the bumper, do they literally screw into the bumper?

the screw bosses are already there from the factory, so you simply reuse whats already there.

Wait I'm confused, why are the stock pieces only clipped in but the new one attaches with screws? Or are the stock ones screwed in too?

Oh well that makes more sense then, the instructions are confusing. I can tell this install is going to be a pain, especially since I have to have a shop do it. Hopefully I can have it done without cutting or removing anything.

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
arabbit said:
Oh well that makes more sense then, the instructions are confusing. I can tell this install is going to be a pain, especially since I have to have a shop do it. Hopefully I can have it done without cutting or removing anything.

You did look through this post, and the pictures right??? This is about as simple an install as they come, it all just bolts in. You should be able to knock this out in your driveway

I read through all of the other threads and people were having to put spacers on the wiper fluid bottle, cut pieces out of the fender liners, etc. Did you not have to do any of that?

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
arabbit said:
I read through all of the other threads and people were having to put spacers on the wiper fluid bottle, cut pieces out of the fender liners, etc. Did you not have to do any of that?

No, I know there were some that did that on the 2012's but my write up is for the 13-14, which has a different front facia than the 12's

Another option from Vorshlag:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154500206105113&set=vb.460717830112&type=2&theater

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
j3st3r said:
No, I know there were some that did that on the 2012's but my write up is for the 13-14, which has a different front facia than the 12's

I used the windshield washer reservoir 'delete kit' ;-)

Hey j3st3r,
I bought the FRPP factory kit and will install on my car soon. The duct hose looks pretty close to the tire on windshield washer reservoir side. Now that you've had it on for awhile any rubbing issues? Also, did you only zip tie the duct hose in the one place or multiple locations? Thanks

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
If you look in the Boss 302 Book, The Mustang Boss 302 - from Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car, p149, you will find a picture of the R/Side brake cooling hose as installed by Ford with the washer bottle in place.

Plus there are great pictures posted above in this thread. This will help you to route and secure your hose.

302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors