The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss Brake Cooling Kit Install (M-2004-MBA Brake Duct Kit)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Papa Smurf said:
Hey j3st3r,
I bought the FRPP factory kit and will install on my car soon. The duct hose looks pretty close to the tire on windshield washer reservoir side. Now that you've had it on for awhile any rubbing issues? Also, did you only zip tie the duct hose in the one place or multiple locations? Thanks

I had one rub spot on the passenger side, and that was the inner fender piece, simple trim and it has been good to go. I do NOT move/relocate/shim, the windshield washer reservoir, I believe when I installed mine the horn was more of an issue then the reservoir. Yes only used the one zip tie, since there is so much movement in the suspension you really need to give the ducting free range of motion. If you try and tie it down to much you will probably have some issues, and might even tear the ducting, or have it pull out of the backer plates

some more pictures

cooling044.png
Re: 2013 Boss Brake Cooling Kit Install (M-2004-MBA Brake Duct Kit)

cooling045.png
Re: 2013 Boss Brake Cooling Kit Install (M-2004-MBA Brake Duct Kit)

cooling031.png

cooling029.png

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel