The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss Grill Removal Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Going to install SS mesh behind the grill on my '13. Have any '13 owners removed their grill? It looks like there are multiple tabs that have to be pushed down to release the grill from the outer "frame". I've tried to do this while simultaneously trying to pull out the grill, but the grill isn't releasing. Don't want to break any of the tabs. Any tips? Thank you!

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Why SS mesh when you can use this instead?

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/nomex-honeycomb-radiator-protector/

Very nice. Didn't know that existed. Thanks!

Managed to get the SS mesh inserted w/out removing the grill. Turns out the '13 Boss grill assembly has three vertical reinforcing "bars" behind the grill face, that allow the mesh to be inserted between the reinforcing pieces and the backside of the grill. Turned out nicely. Pics and procedures to follow shortly... stay tuned.

I may have to do that honeycomb material also for ultimate radiator protection... cool stuff.

The grill is just snapped in place. If you pull on the top a corner at a time and then the bottom it will pull out but it is connected to the black painted trim surround. I pulled mine to put the 1/2" screen in place of the blank out plates. Painted the screen black. Looks better than the blank plates.

TMO Supporting Vendors