The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 Boss LS pics

Nice. I wonder if the 2013 hood vents can be added to our 2012 Bosses?
 
Overall it is OK, not really in love with the front end looking head on or the taillights. From a side angle the front is better. I have said all along the 70 stripes will not go with the shape of the hood, I guess they felt the same and left most of them out. Too bad because that is the best part of the 70 stripes, how they flow from the hood onto the fender and then down the side. The way they are configured now it looks incomplete to me.

Love the color but thinking I will wait on one of these for now, subject to change ;)
 
Love the front but not the tailights, fortunately those will only be seen by the other guys on track and not me! Not sure that is the LS though, text implies it is the Boss.


Here is press release courtesy of Muscular Mustangs
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2011/news0620_2013_boss_302_mustang.php
 
168
0
hmm, its ok, not crazy about it, looks like a GT slapped with Shelby wanabee body add ons, dont like the wheels, agree stripes are incomplete, hate Hids, the extra paint everywhere makes it look heavy and not even talking about the fact it will chip (!), dont like the license plate area that seems too Euro friendly, along with the track apps and sync and fog lights, this will definitely become a "bourgeoise" version of a bare bone true muscle car

feel better now I have a 2012 :)


I did read that the stripes will be reflective, thats pretty cool though !
 
Exigent said:
Love the front but not the tailights, fortunately those will only be seen by the other guys on track and not me! Not sure that is the LS though, text implies it is the Boss.


Here is press release courtesy of Muscular Mustangs
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2011/news0620_2013_boss_302_mustang.php
It's the LS, look at the rear spoiler and different colored mirrors.
 

MLM

Mike
129
0
rom said:
hmm, its ok, not crazy about it, looks like a GT slapped with Shelby wanabee body add ons, dont like the wheels, agree stripes are incomplete, hate Hids, the extra paint everywhere makes it look heavy and not even talking about the fact it will chip (!), dont like the license plate area that seems too Euro friendly, along with the track apps and sync and fog lights, this will definitely become a "bourgeoise" version of a bare bone true muscle car

feel better now I have a 2012 :)


I did read that the stripes will be reflective, thats pretty cool though !

+1

New to the forum. Came close to getting a Performance White Boss from an out-of-state dealer for just under MSRP (including dealer fees) but it was still too much for my wallet. Ended up getting a Kona Blue GT Premium with Oxford White over-the-top racing stripes, MT82, and 3.55 axle off of a local dealer's lot, and both the wife and I absolutely love the car (traded in an '06 GT, which we also liked but the new one is much nicer ;D) But still dreaming about the Boss and wondering if 2013 will be the last year for it. Not crazy about the styling changes for 2013.

I noticed no mention at all of TracKey in the press release for the 2013, especially because Ford made such a big deal of it for 2012. Wonder why the silence?
 

MLM

Mike
129
0
Also noticing that the black filler panel on the decklid is a tack-on piece, so there may be body-color paint underneath. And no more dash-mounted gauges for the LS (I guess the are moot now).

Video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1yLErzfU4k
 
Looks to much like the Snake. Hate the floating hockey stripe. If that's what Ford is rolling out for the 2013 Boss then I'm glad I got a 2012 to tell you the truth.
 
It makes me glad that I didn't wait for the 2013's. I thinks the 12's have a more distinct look. I'll be keeping my 12' LS.

Hopefully it will be the last year and both years will have there own look.
 
notice the directional pad where the cruise control buttons were previously... obviously for the track apps... but will it be cluttered.... launch control(possibly through LCD interface)???

also, it appears this LS has the exact same front end as the standard GT minus the splitter... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeK6tZbQ5TI
 

MLM

Mike
129
0
I find Ford's silence in today's press releases about TracKey very curious, unless someone has heard differently.

My sense from reading Donald Farr's book and various interviews with Ford engineers is that it is no small miracle that the Boss program was approved to begin with. I have no doubt that there were meetings where Ford brass asked for assurances that the new Boss would not do anything to tarnish the Mustang brand, i.e., that it would be nothing short of a success (a tall order indeed).

So given the recent regulatory challenges and a somewhat uncertain future with TracKey-related warranty claims (not to mention the ever-present liability fears), I wonder if Ford is keeping mum about it in the 2013's for the time being on purpose. Or am I reading too much into it? They were so pumped up about it before, it was in all the literature. Anything is possible, I guess.
 
The press release mostly focused on the things that were new for 2013. Since TracKey and Track Attack are standard offerings for the Boss program I can't imagine they're not available for 2013 buyers. Track Attack just got up and running in August so they have a lot invested if they're not going to continue it for a couple years. Same thing with TracKey which has generally been received as a great option for the Boss. My bet is that both are still in the program.
 

jec246

Thank GOD I got a 2012!!!

I know all GT500 owners are probably pissed! They paid for unique looks of their car and BLAM! all gone now! At least they'll be able to get body parts cheaper soon :p

If there is no TracKey with this one just makes the 2012s even more valuable.

The gauge pod is gone because they integrated all of it in the cluster with that screen in the middle (not sure what they are calling that). Not a fan of that setup.

Don't like the floating stripe either. (like most people).

It almost looks to me like the 2012 was the version release almost directly from Ford Racing and the 2013 is the version that has been "tweaked" by Ford. They had a year to mess with it I guess. :p



Also noticed it looks like the hand break has the same material as the steering wheel. Just caught a small glimps of it in the video. Might be an upgrade for me in the future. ;D
 

MLM

Mike
129
0
cloud9 said:
The press release mostly focused on the things that were new for 2013. Since TracKey and Track Attack are standard offerings for the Boss program I can't imagine they're not available for 2013 buyers. Track Attack just got up and running in August so they have a lot invested if they're not going to continue it for a couple years. Same thing with TracKey which has generally been received as a great option for the Boss. My bet is that both are still in the program.

Your reasoning is very sound, and I hope you're right, but I'll still have a funny feeling until we get official word. It just seems like too good of a marketing gimmick to pass up. Someone going to the L.A. Auto Show could maybe ask a Ford rep and see what kind of (non-)answer you get?
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top